Forums

Help › Forums

Free to Play games

Tue, Feb 20 2018 10:50 AM (3 replies)
  • Rooster2821
    107 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 10:10 PM

I have read some articles about free to play games and the design of those games. Some of the articles where written by game designers themselves. One of the aspects of the free to play games is too frustrate you,which in return can make you spend money and keep you playing. Now this post is not about spending money but more about how it can frustrate you. Reason I say this is if you look through the forums of these free to play games. They seem to have a common theme of hostile/negative post. The purpose of this post is to try and help you see that and maybe make you sit back for a second and say to yourself. hey, maybe I did not need to give such a negative reaction to a post or write one yourself. So the next time you get ready to make a post, think of that and come see me for a big hug and a sloppy kiss on the cheek .  Hit em straight, and if you can't, laugh about it. Laughter is good for the soul. Now get off my damn lawn :-P

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 10:31 PM

*hugs* and *kisses*!

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:45 AM

• el3n1
    4,502 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2018 10:50 AM

Rooster2821:
    Reason I say this is if you look through the forums of these free to play games. They seem to have a common theme of hostile/negative post.

I agree and you can find some very helpful and supportive posts as well...it is difficult to quantify and ascertain how many of each, but we have to remember for every one negative posts that stands out like a sore thumb it can take dozens to offset the feeling we get when we see it.  As such, it can cloud our overall perspective and experience sometimes.

I have found myself upset with WGT or a "salty" response and I have to remind myself not to over react because we can be "reactionary" a lot of times.  Forums are also prone to a number of shortcomings when it comes to healthy communication, but also allow for some to sit behind a computer screen and rant without any real consequence and they simply enjoy stirring the pot.

RSS