Help › Forums

'Reputation Option' What is it?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 12:56 AM

In the Multiplayer games, What is the 'Reputation Option'  there which is turned off, when you are setting up a game.

Cheers

Roger

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:34 AM

mantis0014:

In the Multiplayer games, What is the 'Reputation Option'  there which is turned off, when you are setting up a game.

Cheers

Roger

hi

it's likely some future feature which we may or may not implement.

-wgticon

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:23 AM

Seems to me it could be what players have been asking for. Maybe its got something to do with your opponents rep, like does he quit often (bad rep)? Then you can decide if you want to go ahead with the game before it starts.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:38 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Seems to me it could be what players have been asking for. Maybe its got something to do with your opponents rep, like does he quit often (bad rep)? Then you can decide if you want to go ahead with the game before it starts.

I hear ya but let's not speculate. We all know where that would lead. If/when I have something to announce, I shall do so asap

-wgticon

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:53 AM

Ahhh, now I understand....  thx for the replies guys.

Something like... very good..good..bad.. any reputation,  in multiplay games

Interesting, This could be good in a way, but could open up a can of worms at the same time and could be hard to manage.

Cheers

Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 6:06 AM

I think that's left over from the original attempt by WGT at reputation tracking a while ago. They tried to implement something that turned into a fiasco but apparently is still in the works.

*edit- Interesting comments when it was in place here....

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 6:08 AM

I would liken it to buyer reviews of sellers on Ebay - 1 to 5 stars maybe.  Subjective by the rater of course, but the average over many reviews would probably be pretty accurate.  The number of reviews would be important as well, so if someone only had a few reviews, you would take it with a grain of salt.  I think this would have a dramatic effect on player conduct.  A great rating would be very desirable.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:45 AM

YankeeJim:

I think that's left over from the original attempt by WGT at reputation tracking a while ago. They tried to implement something that turned into a fiasco but apparently is still in the works.

*edit- Interesting comments when it was in place here....

Yup, it didn't really work then. Not sure what/if something will happen. But, I guess the more I deny knowing anything about it the more steam this will get :)

-wgticon

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:10 PM

mantis0014:
    ... an utter and complete disaster.

One of the biggest mistakes that WGT ~tried~ to implement.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 5:01 PM

Snaike:

mantis0014:
    ... an utter and complete disaster.

One of the biggest mistakes that WGT ~tried~ to implement.

And one that should never be attempted again!

• PAGES
RSS