Forums

Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:01 AM (0 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:01 AM

So, here I sit, a TM with a 62.75 average.  Not all that many 31s and 30s from Legend.  And I still don't know how to putt.

I'm using the highest Redwood.  It is comfortable.  I have heard the Ghost doesn't work as well for feel players, and I am a feel player.  I tried using the aiming cursor, and putted wildly.  So I play curves. The only time I touch the cursor on the green is for extreme breaks.  In fact, the only time I touch the cursor period is for drives and extreme breaks on greens.  I have gotten much better.  Now, from 6' in I am almost automatic.  Almost.  From 6'-11' I am better, but still making less than 70% of these.  From 12'-20' I am better, but still very iffy.  And over 20', while I'd love to make them, I am trying to make sure I leave an easy finisher.

I prefer tournament greens.  The math is an easy calculation, and the balls seems to curve and roll truer on them for me, so I was glad to tier up to TM recently.  My problem, usually, is underestimating the breaks and playing too little.  The only time I seem to miss high is if I have missed low several times and overcompensate.

Any tips from any very good 'feel' putters would be appreciated, and any top putters that would like to play a round with me, to observe and be observed, would also be welcome.

RSS