Forums

Help › Forums

Active country club???????

Fri, Mar 30 2018 9:00 AM (8 replies)
  • Papabukk
    710 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 2:12 PM

Can someone shed some light on how to find an “active” cc. One with “in club” tourneys, preferably for credits. One with a useful active forum. I’m neither here nor there on clashes so that doesn’t matter much. I’ve joined several and one “dissolved “, and the others, including my current club are pretty lame. Do I just keep trying or us there a way to search for more active clubs? Sorry for being so lame and thanks in advance. 

• callaghan159
    6,308 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 5:08 PM

Papabukk:
    Can someone shed some light on how to find an “active” cc

The Peoples Club is a very active club and very friendly . Check us out if you wish. Always lots of tourneys happening.

• Ladychipper
    22,980 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 6:20 PM

Check out The Peoples Club and see if it is what you are looking for.  Lots of things going on and we have been around a long time.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:45 PM

Papabukk:
    how to find an “active” cc.
    Only members have insight to tourneys and forum activity. To know about it, you'd have to enter or to chat with owner, directors or members.

From outside, you can see the members' activities - sort the member list by "last day played".

Check the activity of the owner - essential for a working CC!

Address the owner via his wall - be reluctant if he remains quiet.

If there aren't good reasons for you, chose a bigger CC - more crowd, more fun!

IMHO, ev1 has a right to join&check&leave a few(!) CCs in a courteous manner in order to find a haven.

BTW, a caveat about my CC: Wir sind ein deutschsprachiger Club!

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 3:24 AM

How I did it was, if a club caught my eye I would click on the members list. I would then click on “last date played”. If most of the members has played with in the last day or two (around 90%) I would call that club a very active club. I would then send a private message to the owner or another member asking about the club inter workings. I would then give the club a chance if I liked what I was told.

I have left very active clubs before due how the set-up their tournaments. But you just don’t know how you will like a club till you join. I’m happy where I am now.

Good luck

Dave

• Redhot2
    34 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 3:34 AM

Check out calm waters cc. The tourneys they put on plenty to choose from. Good lot of guys & gals

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 5:02 AM

A number of clues are available for you when you investigate country clubs

Check the tiers listing to find out if there is a good mix. A club with a lot of hacks and amateurs will not be very active. Many of these are people who joined before they really knew what WGT was and have since quit the game.

Check the date last played column. If you see numerous members who last played in 2016 or 2017 you know it is not an active club.

Check the total ranked rounds column or the level column. Lots of members with less than 100 rounds or levels in the 20's or 30's indicate that it is not an active club.

Check the column that gives status such as recruit or veteran. All recruits and you know management is not active. (Good owners move players from recruit to member rather quickly and will have as many directors as WGT allows.) Some active owners cull their membership lists on a regular basis to rid the rolls of players missing in inaction.

Check the owner's and the directors' score history to see how often they play. An owner with no score history has abandoned the club making it an orphan dependent of directors to keep it going. (Paradise Valley Country Club, where I was once a member, is one of these.)

Start playing AS and match play games with others and ask about their country clubs. They might even invite you to join. Some active clubs use TeamSpeak or skype while they p;lay matches or tournaments.

You seek an active club, you need to take some action or your own.

• DufferJohn7
    3,576 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 11:28 AM

Check out Valley of the Sun Casual Club. We're small with 60 players who play virtually every day. As of this morning we have 27 cc tournaments in progress. With about half the club playing Clashes we place in the top 50!

Come check out the fun in the Valley of the Sun.

John

• Geocacher24
    29 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 9:00 AM

PapaB, if you're looking for a small, active and friendly club with a well mixed tier level, please check The Putting Pirates CC. Always multiple ongoing tournaments for both WGT credits and tourneys to help increase your skill level. Check us out!

RSS