Forums

Help › Forums

lost balls

Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:37 PM (51 replies)
  • SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 9:29 AM

At various times, when I have other sites running my meter moves faster than normal.

So after watching several YouTube videos, I noticed that to get their timing down right, They all seem to allow their meter to cycle through twice, to time the ding before clicking or tapping.

It works for me, I've been hitting the fairways more often and losing less balls.

Siders Best 

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 9:54 AM

salamicus:
    its just not balls ,it is paying to have abilities, which would be nice if lasted for specific amount of time, not losing it on bad shot or wearing it off by just playing
    Balls are exactly that: An admission for a specific time (=amount of strokes) - or until specific events. An OOB ain't different, I would think, to games where "lives" are consumed until a limit is reached - game over!

Regular duration of a ball's life is - to me - a fee like a green fee in real life. I read it like this: "Play about 90 holes for the cost of a sleeve, unless you experience Game Over" - rinse & repeat.

I don't worry for balls but for credits. Question is, how much money do I want to spend for the game? If one ball gives too little access to the game (or I cringe when losing balls), I have to play less or play with cheaper balls. Luckily, the game allows for that, down to zero costs!

• WillieSinkit
    1,752 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:21 AM

rdodge:

you can always beg for more balls , you got 2 sleeves last time

lol - I suspected that !

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:43 AM

rdodge:

For someone from the 420 lounge, you're surprisingly uptight.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:46 AM

WillieSinkit:

rdodge:

lol - I suspected that !

I almost never  lose balls except  when I do something stupid. Something like try to drive over the ditch on # 4 @ Kiawah or 14 @ RSG with less than favorable winds. Or I don't use my head when I try to hit over the lake on Congressional #6 with the front pin or either pin if I have a headwind. 

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 10:46 AM

WillieSinkit:
    lol - I suspected that !

So, he's in a situation in which he could use some help and asked. And he didn't "beg."

Duwayne is a very nice person. Your barbs are better directed at someone else. 

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 11:27 AM

Robert1893:

WillieSinkit:
    lol - I suspected that !

So, he's in a situation in which he could use some help and asked. And he didn't "beg."

he begs every month

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 11:53 AM

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I have a friend who is a member here that complains about the # of balls he loses to me all the time....and I mean "ALL" the time LMAO...

great guy, just blames VEM for every thing that happens that isn't what he wanted LOL

I have been there 1st hand to watch him play, and frankly I am amazed he doesn't lose every ball he puts into play...

It doesn't take long to figure out all of the spots to avoid on every course, I personally avoid them like I owe them money!

NOT HIM, every shot is balls out! No water hazard is too wide, no swamp or brush right in the shots line is to big out of 40/50 rough, no sandtraps that might make you place your drive safely in the fairway big enough...

We have all had the occasional shot get metered, or lost a ball due to deviation at some point, but as you get better equipment most of that goes away....then it is time to change the way you play, plain and simple LOL

I recently had a ball land in the fairway and disappear, sent a replay to WGT and they gave me a whole sleeve....I've lost 23 balls in 10 yrs, half of those were free balls I lost trying to do something near impossible to do...and WGT has probably given me 33 balls free replacing a lost ball with a sleeve, which is more than generous!

I would bet that if we could look at every lost ball live, we would tell them to stop before they hit the ball the shot was so risky on 99% of them lol

Just saying...

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:14 PM

@fatdan

Can't disagree with any of that. Well said. 

If a person really wants to score well and avoid lost balls, he or she needs to manage the course. That's just golf 101.  

For example, I rarely go for the green in 2 on the 6th hole of Congressional. For me, the conditions have to be "just right." The overwhelming majority of the time, I'll lay up to a nice number, put the the third shot close, take my birdie, and go on.

Sure, I'm taking eagle off the board. But I'm coming away with a birdie about 98% of the time. When the conditions aren't just the way I need them to be, I'm more likely to put the second shot in the water than I am to get it on the green and sink an eagle putt.  

But that's just me.

tl;dr: A man has got to know his limitations. :-)  

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 3:12 PM

Robert1893:

WillieSinkit:
    lol - I suspected that !

No he`s not , he`s just running game thats all . Every couple of months he comes into the forum complaining about the cost of balls or how hard it is to get free credits outside the US . The last few times some one always gifts him some balls so here he comes again .

Another sad sob thread and gets gifted some balls . Its usually around the end of the month that he shows up while he`s waiting on his pension check at the first of the month . His situation isnt as bad as you would think . He`s retired and living in Mexico so it cant be that bad .

He just knows that there are good hearted players here in the forums and has learned how to work them for free stuff . I knew what time it was when I saw the thread and who was posting it .So save your credits Robert dont let him play you for a sucker because thats what he`s trying to do .

RSS