Forums

Help › Forums

lost balls

Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:37 PM (51 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 3:57 PM

lonniescott711:
    Another sad sob thread and gets gifted some balls . Its usually around the end of the month that he shows up while he`s waiting on his pension check at the first of the month

I know there was another player who used to do something similar to that. If I recall correctly, that player claims to be on disability and promises to repay people. I think that player is definitely running a game.

At least Duwayne always says "thank you" to me. As I'm sure you know, not everyone does that when they're gifted items.  

Thanks for looking for me. I truly appreciate that. 

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 5:38 PM

rdodge:
    he begs every month

Well, look on the bright side.

Once a month, you can feel morally superior. So there's that.  

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 7:26 PM

Im a relatively new player and was taken back a bit the first time i lost a ball. Ive sort of accepted it but i d like to maybe put this suggestion in WGTs ear. How about  have  a base chance per round of also " finding" a previous lost ball and have it added to your inventory ? Just a thought. 

• Rick6208
    2,186 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 8:45 PM

I here ya Bro! If Ihit a bad shot and lose a ball that’s one thing, but to remove a ball because it has to many hits on it?? That is Bull$hit!!! In real golf I will use a ball until the cover comes off lol and if the cover lands closer to the hole I play that!! Lol

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:13 AM

Duwayne uses a Callaway ball costing 100 credits (300/sleeve).  The system that I employ to get free credits means that it would take me 8 minutes to earn enough credits to purchase one of these balls.Perhaps Duwayne doesn't have the same opportunities to earn free credits that I have; but that he has retired to Mexico doesn't mean that he has more income than I have being retired in the States.

If Robert1823 has an extra 1500 credits that cost him 2 hours of watching videos (assuming Robert earns free credits), please don't belittle his generosity.  If Duwayne is running a scam he is no worse that some of the people using food banks when they don't truly qualify. I will continue to give to the food banks even though I know there are occasional bad actors. Nor should people stop gifting equipment or balls because there might be bad actors here on WGT. Only Duwayne knows his circumstances. For those of us reading these forums, we have seen his previous posts so we can make our own judgments. Gifts are just that: gifts.

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:35 AM

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:06 AM

it worked again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WillieSinkit
    1,752 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 7:26 AM

HackWilson1930:

For those of us reading these forums, we have seen his previous posts so we can make our own judgments.

That's exactly what I did a few posts back, but Robert the Gifter didn't think I should have an opinion.

hahaha

WillieSinkit  (retired UK military veteran who is really struggling to afford a sleeve of balls).

lol

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 7:52 AM

WillieSinkit:
    That's exactly what I did a few posts back, but Robert the Gifter didn't think I should have an opinion.

Really? That's what I wrote?

Why don't you go back and reread what I posted. This time, try reading for comprehension.

Tally so far:

OP: Up 5 sleeves.

Butthurt individuals: ~3

WillieSinkit:
    WillieSinkit  (retired UK military veteran who is really struggling to afford a sleeve of balls).

If really true, why don't you just ask? I would have gladly sent you some sleeves as well. 

Here's the thing: when we have the Christmas in July or similar events and people ask for items, they're not "begging." But if someone posts a thread like this (and does it more than once), then they're begging and/or scamming.  To me, the two situations are a distinction without a difference.

Besides, the amount I gifted is about 2% of what I've banked in credits. Additionally, i go into a year with an idea of how many credits I'm going to gift to others. Last year, it was about 20,000 credits. I suspect this year it'll be about the same. It's my way of giving back to the community that puts up with me.

Generally, but not always, I like to gift to those outside the USA. I simply assume that, for the most part, earning free credits for them is difficult. So, I just factor the 1,500 credits into my calculations. What that means (and here's the crux of the issue) is this: those gift of balls didn't "cost" me anything. I had already earned a number of credits with the idea of gifting them to someone.

So, here's my question to the detractors: Are you really upset because you think OP is scamming people or are you upset because you didn't receive free sleeves of balls?

Similar to all of you, I can read the forums and make my own judgement on that point.
    :-) 

Finally, the OP does something that some others do not do when they receive gifts. He says, "Thank you."  

• WillieSinkit
    1,752 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 8:02 AM

Robert1893:

WillieSinkit:
    lol - I suspected that !

So, he's in a situation in which he could use some help and asked. And he didn't "beg."

Duwayne is a very nice person. Your barbs are better directed at someone else

RSS