Forums

Help › Forums

PLEASEEEEE HELPPPP...chat during game..

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:09 PM (5 replies)
  • jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 12:23 AM

I am unable to use the  space bar to separate words in chat during a game..does anyone know of any kind of setting or key on the keyboard etc that might cause this..i have tried to send WGT a email about this by right clicking on screen and sending "report this problem "  but have never heard back from them...PLEASEEEEEEE HELP

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 4:17 AM

jacko1972:

I am unable to use the  space bar to separate words in chat during a game..does anyone know of any kind of setting or key on the keyboard etc that might cause this..i have tried to send WGT a email about this by right clicking on screen and sending "report this problem "  but have never heard back from them...PLEASEEEEEEE HELP

hi.

i never heard of this issue.short of trying a different keyboard, i could see if you need to reinstall keyboard drivers? but then again, it works here?

-wgticon

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 5:06 AM

WGTicon:

jacko1972:

hi.

i never heard of this issue.short of trying a different keyboard, i could see if you need to reinstall keyboard drivers? but then again, it works here?

-wgticon

Icon is right, it is a driver error.  Uninstall your driver and reinstall.  Once installed, run the update option.  I had this happen a few weeks ago and only happened on the game client window for WGT and when my kid was playing on the Disney site.

LC 

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 8:57 AM

If you're using Chrome...

Thru searching for a cure to my own spacebar problems, I came across the fact that Chrome (especially) has had spacebar issues with Flash apps (particularly chat) for years.

The spacebar is usually used to scroll the windows in browsers, and disabling this in a chat window (giving the chat window exclusive focus to the spacebar's intended use) seems to be a tough fix. The inability to insert  <spaces> between words in chat is reportedly a related issue.

I've had some success by using the "Iron" browser, instead of Chrome, while playing the game.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 2:43 PM

PugsAce:
    I've had some success by using the "Iron" browser, instead of Chrome, while playing the game.

Thats the same browser, just stripped down.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:09 PM

Yep. Go figure.

I'm guessing that the absence of whatever was trimmed away makes all the difference. 

RSS