Forums

Help › Forums

Royal St George 5th Hole

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 11 2018 6:48 PM (5 replies)
  • CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 8:00 AM

This is a regular occurence. If the ball is anywhere on the right side of the fairway up near the rough or even in the rough, the approach shot nearly always goes extreme left of the green. 

I have tested this too,... I have purposely aimed far right of the pin and hit the right side of the ding and the approach shot will still go extreme left. This happens about 50% of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this same issue??

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 11:26 AM

The other day, I went to the doctor. I said, "Hey, Doc, it hurts when I do this ____ ."

Doc replied, "Don't do that."

Apologies to Henny Youngman (I think).

But seriously, folks. No, I've actually never experienced that. And I've been all over the map on that hole. I'm not saying the glitch isn't real. I've just never experienced that particular issue.  

Are you certain that your aim marker is correct or that you're properly allowing for wind?  

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 1:34 PM

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 2:19 PM

CowboyTed:

If the ball is anywhere on the right side of the fairway up near the rough or even in the rough, the approach shot nearly always goes extreme left of the green. 

Has anyone else experienced this same issue??

NO, never, regardless of what clubs I was playing, or what ball I was using....I HAVE ended up over there when I hit a bad shot, but it isn't automatic as in a "glitch"

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 5:40 PM
    It is because you are aiming with the marker on the mound in front of you instead of with the marker at your aiming point on the green.
  • CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Wed, Apr 11 2018 6:48 PM

You know,.... I think you are right fmagnets !! I do the aiming from there through the mound. Thank you very much for the tip!!  I will try it and post it here if it works.

RSS