Forums

Help › Forums

A "Hole-In-One" on a Par 5 Course

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 5 2018 3:45 PM (5 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 2:47 PM

Anyone wondered IF hitting a "Hole-In-One" on a Par 5 Hole is possible?  Well, I have. 

So, last night, I Googled it and learned that YES......there have been several "Hole-In-One"s made on Par 5 Holes.....(real golf courses). Not all of the golfers were Pros either.

In most cases, the particular 5 Hole layout was a "dog leg", so, the golfer hit his tee shot directly towards the green.....over trees...and their balls found their way into the holes.

I read where the ODDS of hitting a "Double-Eagle" are 6 Million to 1...well, that's the odds in REAL golf (probably lower odds here on WGT).  So now, I'm wondering what are the ODDS of hitting a "Hole-in-One" on a Par 5 Hole on a real golf course?  Also, read that the ODDS of hitting a "real" "Hole-In-One" (normally on a Par 3 Hole") are 12,000 to 1.

I've hit my fair share of "Double-Eagles", but, having played ALL of the WGT Par 5 Holes...I'm not sure (even if you had the best clubs and balls & a strong tail wind) that it would be possible to hit a "Hole-In-One" on a WGT Par 5 Hole.........but, I very well could be mistaken.

Funny......I think that if any WGT member hit a "Hole-In-One" on a WGT Par 5 Hole.....WGT should reward that Member with one of those Gold, 400,000 credit putters......*smile*

Jim

P.S.......I noticed today in my "Awards" section of my stats under "Courses".....that it shows I have a "Diamond" Award:  "2016 Best of Par 5 Ace Masters" (Made a Hole In One in each Par 5, but not in one round).....Really?  LOL.  I promise, I would know IF I had ever hit a "Hole-in-One" on a Par 5 Hole....too funny.

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 3:45 PM

Double eagle = Albatross

Hole in 1 Par 5 = Condor

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 12:48 AM

SoCalJim23:
    it shows I have a "Diamond" Award:  "2016 Best of Par 5 Ace Masters" (Made a Hole In One in each Par 5, but not in one round)
    I always deemed this to be impossible, so I looked it up.

It looks like they just f**ked up the positions. On hovering over the pics for the alternative text, these Diamond awards show as score awards, starting with "Kiawah Killer" which is two slots further down. Fabulous scores BTW!

But, on the way to that improbable award, I discovered that your "Best of Hardest Holes Flag Stick Master" award stands out. It says "0 of 0" fullfilment, deviating from the "0 of 1" of the others. Huh??

This alternative texts' deviation shows further up already, and, at that point, it spans over two lines for the first time.

WGT programming and QA Bielefeld connection at it's best!

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 4:24 AM

A ricochet off a tree or a wall might help .

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 4:26 AM

Image result for funny ricochet golf gifs free

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 4:32 AM

RSS