Forums

Help › Forums

Changed monitors and bigger might not be better for the swing meter going by

Fri, Jun 1 2018 7:17 AM (4 replies)
  • MulliganWilly
    138 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 5:06 PM

Used to have a 46 inch LED but had to sell that yesterday to cover rent. This was a couple feet in front of me at the end of the table. It's your whole field of vision. The guy next door had a backup 19 inch LCD. I bought it off him in the meantime. I'll get another big one later.

Playing a golf round on this joke of a monitor and it's like, woah.. what's going on here.. It's definitely going by way slower. I think that's because it used to have to travel like a couple foot of distance left to right.. now it's this little bit. I don't know what the deal is but seems slower.

Joined here in 2010 and used to have smaller monitors back then. When I first started getting these bigger screens, it seemed great.. I'm there, wow.. the golf game is all big. But for some reason the fast swing meter seems more manageable on this smaller screen. Definitely much less of a problem, but you can't see everything that's going on as much. 

Anybody test out this phenomenon? Bigger might not be better with the swing meter going by. hmm. Used to bird more back in those early days too. haha. Might be what's going on, why I got more "washed-up" in recent years. hmm.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 5:58 PM
    Only ever played with a 12 inch...TB ( less than truthful )

Take a third off and a tad more..bit like a tail wind over 134 yds @ 11 o.clock

Jeez..looking at my post count v sexual innuendo %%

I need HELP ;-))
  • MulliganWilly
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 3:10 AM

alcaucin:
    Only ever played with a 12 inch...TB ( less than truthful )

Take a third off and a tad more..bit like a tail wind over 134 yds @ 11 o.clock

Jeez..looking at my post count v sexual innuendo %%

I need HELP ;-))

lol.. what are you talking about, man? haha. you all hopped-up on goofers? lol :-D

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 7:13 AM

MulliganWilly:
    lol.. what are you talking about, man? haha. you all hopped-up on goofers? lol :-D

Not sure but..don't get me started on your user name !!!

The jokes are endless.....   ;))

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2018 7:17 AM

MulliganWilly:

Used to have a 46 inch LED but had to sell that yesterday to cover rent. This was a couple feet in front of me at the end of the table. It's your whole field of vision. The guy next door had a backup 19 inch LCD. I bought it off him in the meantime. I'll get another big one later.

Playing a golf round on this joke of a monitor and it's like, woah.. what's going on here.. It's definitely going by way slower. I think that's because it used to have to travel like a couple foot of distance left to right.. now it's this little bit. I don't know what the deal is but seems slower.

Joined here in 2010 and used to have smaller monitors back then. When I first started getting these bigger screens, it seemed great.. I'm there, wow.. the golf game is all big. But for some reason the fast swing meter seems more manageable on this smaller screen. Definitely much less of a problem, but you can't see everything that's going on as much. 

Anybody test out this phenomenon? Bigger might not be better with the swing meter going by. hmm. Used to bird more back in those early days too. haha. Might be what's going on, why I got more "washed-up" in recent years. hmm.

You 'll probably have more dings on the smaller screen too. Is well known that small LCD panels such as 15-17-19 inches have lower time response than the big ones which could easily reach 50ms.

RSS