"Free" game? Credits expensive!!

Mon, Jul 11 2011 5:39 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mohawk1
    365 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 10:12 AM

YankeeJim:

hovedan:
    I only want to play online, not for real!  I can play for real for less!!

The cost of one real round of golf will take you a very long way here. The next time weather keeps you from playing take that green fee and use it here for some basic stuff. You will not be sorry.  :-)

This is exactly how I look at depositing cash to play WGT . 1 RL green fee sets me back 70 - 100 bucks for LESS than 5 hours play .  Wife is fine with me dumping a few clams into WGT and I only had to deposit a few bucks for the kids Club Penquin exp and every one is happy with their virtual exp :)    Also taking advantage of the many WGT promos cuts the cost of playing big time , all good .

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 3:01 PM

Its tough costs me a fortune it gives you them clubs then when your playing a while your addicted & end up buying them ! lol ! you can do surveys but ive done loads with no credits waste of 20mins ! my advice would be dont even start if you aint willing to spend because it gets so frustrating when you move up & have to watch guys drive 300 odd yrds & your stuck with 250 aint fair but i guess thats how they make so much money ! good luck anyway hope i aint put you off just giving you the heads up ! lol

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 4:58 PM

/Soulcatcher buys upinsmoke some periods and a 'return' key.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 5:21 PM

hovedan:

Can you tell me how you can play for real for less then this game.

Suns bag of clubs.

Driver: Cleveland XL 270 = $330

3 Wood: R11 = $250

Iron set 1: Callaway Razor = $1,000

Iron set 2: Practice set Callaway x22 irons $450

Wedges Titlist vokey 50, 54 , 58 $149 each

+ I have cleveland cg15`s 52 & 60 deg wedges $125 each

Balls 7 boxes prov1 = $54.00 Aus per box

Practice balls prov1 100 = $265

R9 golf bag $499

Golf biggie $100

Sky Caddy GPS $350. + annal course download membership

Professional lessons once per week , $95 per hour. 

Golf & CC Membership joining fee $10,000

Members yearly membership $2,500 green fees

+++++ golf tee`s , golf shoes , golf clothing , hats , towels ,  golf cart higher , Tournament fee`s + everything else. The list goes on & on

Then you add up all the clubs , balls , green fee`s bought  over the last 10 years before the above clubs..

WGT must be expensive to play then . 

But if you are not fussy with clubs can buy a set on ebay or on special $300 - $700 & pay for  round here there. Still adds up over the year. & here the OP is complaining about $2 or $3 for a driver or balls. (think he needs to wake up smell the sunshine or ask your parents how much things in real life cost  )

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:08 AM

suncity28:

hovedan:

Suns bag of clubs.

R9 golf bag $499

Golf biggie $100

+++++ golf tee`s , golf shoes , golf clothing , hats , towels ,  golf cart higher , Tournament fee`s + everything else. The list goes on & on

and the rest....

i wish I'd only spent that much on golf.

private jets cost a fortune as do helicopters to and from the courses....including St Andrews, Muirfield & Turnberry.

the ultimate bummer was having to buy another motor cause the gear won't fit in the Lambo when I'm playing locally at Gleneagles with Becks & Rooney.

tbe

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:18 AM

suncity28:

hovedan:

Suns bag of clubs.

R9 golf bag $499

Golf biggie $100

Then you add up all the clubs , balls , green fee`s bought  over the last 10 years before the above clubs..

WGT must be expensive to play then . 

But if you are not fussy with clubs can buy a set on ebay or on special $300 - $700 & pay for  round here there. Still adds up over the year. & here the OP is complaining about $2 or $3 for a driver or balls. (think he needs to wake up smell the sunshine or ask your parents how much things in real life cost  )

Social welfare must have upped the benefit payments in Aussie these days...

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:37 AM

Sanco:

Social welfare must have upped the benefit payments in Aussie these days...

roflmao

tbe

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 12:55 AM

Had some money left over from my wedding & some miracle I was allowed to spend it . (normally the other way round)

Other then that (balls are tied) 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 5:03 AM

For the original post: yes, the clubs you buy in WGT do make a big difference, but nonetheless my suggestion if you have just played your first round is to play for a while with the free equipment and make sure the game is really for you before plunking down for the paid equipment. Also, if you wait awhile you can soon unlock much better equipment. The business model is to get you to buy equipment now, and then trade up later for better equipment. Try to fight this. Ultimately, at the master level and above, it will be important to have the best equipment you can have, but you can get pretty far with the free equipment and cut out a couple of sets of clubs that you will soon abandon. 

In real life: the price tag for Sun's golfing equipment aside, I am reminded of Fuzzy Zoeller's comment that the problem is usually not the putter but the puttee.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 5:39 AM

suncity28:

'Smell the sunshine'  ?

Too funny...  ;o)

LMAO

• PAGES
RSS