Forums

Help › Forums

Question concerning PMs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 4 2018 8:35 AM (4 replies)
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:21 AM

B4 i ask my question, here is the thing : someone i won't name had closed her account - make that his account now that i know the truth - and had sold off her his clubs b4 leaving. She He came back and was in need of new clubs. I proceeded to gift her him the Cleveland 588 64° Wedge (L80+) priced at 1,595cr. Not long after, the account was closed again! I found out the truth about who that person is through someone else and wrote him a message - a nice one btw!! - using both an older conversation and a new one hoping he would receive it through his emails sent by WGT.

Now the question : once an account is closed, do Private Messages still get received through emails ?

The reason i ask is because that person came back days ago and didn't even have the decency to write me back! - if he did receive my message. I thought about telling him what i think about his lack of decency and respect but he may say that he never received my message! And because of that, i won't remove that person just yet.
    I had to sell off my older golf clubs in order to gift him that wedge and now, i'm stuck with freebies or the starter balls. I didn't mind not having enough credits to buy good golf balls if it meant someone else could enjoy this game, but now that i know about the deception and not even receiving an apology, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Thanks

Slee

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:45 AM

I don't spend much here but I am grateful to members who have gifted me now and then .

A couple of times I have gifted golf bags with some left over credits  and both times although they thanked me a few month's later they left .

Seems that is the way here on wgt .

• callaghan159
    6,313 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 10:23 AM

The issue you had sounds like the Christmas in July scammer.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 1:38 PM

SleemanMan:
    Now the question : once an account is closed, do Private Messages still get received through emails ?
    There are at least two states of "closure", so the answer may depend. Furthermore, an account may simply be left by it's owner, leaving all functions intact but unused.

Usually, accounts are blocked, e.g. after T&C violations. Then, the user can no longer log in, and you won't find the name in the "WGT Player" search. But if you know the profile URL, you can still access it. That way, the blocked player continues to serve as a count for advertising business.

In these two cases, I suspect that PMs will be forwarded to the email given in the profile (if any).

Accounts might be deleted, perhaps on request of a player. Then, there's no way to find him or to notify him. You wouldn't have a handle for a PM ;)

In general, fraudsters won't apologize. The bitter taste is with the victims :(

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 8:35 AM

alosso:
    Accounts might be deleted, perhaps on request of a player. Then, there's no way to find him or to notify him. You wouldn't have a handle for a PM ;)

In this case, it was - or must have been - on request of the player. Using the WGT Player Search, the username didn't come up but i still could access his profile page by just clicking on his logo.

alosso:
    I suspect that PMs will be forwarded to the email given in the profile (if any)

Well, whether or not my 2 PMs were forwarded through emails, one fact remains : he now has access to them since coming back over a week ago - which means he obviously decided to just ignore me!

alosso:
    In general, fraudsters won't apologize. The bitter taste is with the victims :(

You're right about that !! But this has me thinking : would it not be a T&C violation to receive gifts under false pretense - pretending to be a woman ? Perhaps someone from WGT could answer that one !?

Slee

RSS