Help › Forums

Bad Sportmanship - How do I handle it?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 10 2018 10:56 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Gripwright234
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 8:16 PM

Recently I played an Alteranate Ball Competition with 3 other players. We played 9 Holes.

During the Match one player in particular used vile language regarding the competence of his playing partner (who never responded) and this continued during almost every one of the 9 Holes played. My playing partner ( a woman) and I never commented other than me saying 'Let's just play golf guys"

After the match the foul-mouthed player wrote a tirade against me. Saying I was racist and was such a bad sport I refused to continue to play when losing. Both statements a total fabrication. 

My question is .. what can be done about such people. My 'arm-chair' psychology tells me he is very unbalanced.

Gripwright234

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:17 AM

Block them and move on...You can  snitch to WGT about them also but really not much will happen to them. If you are not a member of a CC then try and join one and find a group to play with instead of playing random games. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 9:20 AM

pjctas0822:

Block them and move on...

^  Some people aren't worth the air they breathe.  

Never give them a 2nd thought not worth your time.  Life's too short. 

• craigswan
    31,548 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 9:38 AM

Agreed .

Do not write on their walls .

WGT call this flame baiting and you will be chucked out .

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 1:42 PM

pjctas0822:
    Block them and move on..
    +100!

One thing to consider is, during the match, to encourage them to rave on "just so I can collect more evidence to show to WGT". He'll never know if you actually do so...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 2:55 PM

pjctas0822:
    .You can  snitch to WGT about them also but really not much will happen to them

This is a BS statement.  Not only does "snitches get stitches" not apply, WGT takes this seriously. This isn't a street thug game.

• ScottHope
    10,349 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 3:01 PM

pjctas0822:
    You can  snitch to WGT about them also but really not much will happen to them.
    You base this on a personal experience?

I reported a guy once for posting nasty stuff on my wall, and both his profiles have remained inactive ever since.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:18 PM

ScottHope:

pjctas0822:
    You can  snitch to WGT about them also but really not much will happen to them.
    You base this on a personal experience?

I reported a guy once for posting nasty stuff on my wall, and both his profiles have remained inactive ever since.

No I just dont like the idea of snitching but I have had bad experiences in the past dealing with WGT and their actions toward me as a paying customer was very inadequate. So to say they left a bad taste in my mouth is an understatement. 

I laid off this game for over 3 years after that and just returned recently in pursuit of passing time on my new laptop and was amazed that my old account still worked . If it had disappeared I would not have lost sleep over it  nor would I be here typing this message . 

I just guided him (OP) in the least troublesome and proper direction .

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 6:23 PM

YankeeJim:

pjctas0822:
    .You can  snitch to WGT about them also but really not much will happen to them

This is a BS statement.  Not only does "snitches get stitches" not apply, WGT takes this seriously. This isn't a street thug game.

Really .... So I guess my post didnt help. I love how some of you come in here and have no clue who the person your talking to is all about...lol very amusing to say the least  and then you quote a portion of a post and call it BS lol really smart dude. Have a good day....

You can have your forum back now Big Men .

• PAGES
RSS