Forums

Help › Forums

What would be the best course for beginners on stroke play?

Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:45 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:59 PM

One approach is to take a challenging course and pound on it until you own it. When I joined Bethpage was the hardest (still is hard), but I took a liking to it because by chance I had played it in real life. So I pounded on it (have yet to own it).

The front 9 of St A's seems the easiest (we'll see about St. George's).

Kiawah also for some reason, perhaps because it was the first course they did and standards have changed. (In RL Kiawah is supposed one of the hardest courses in the world). There are a few quirky putts at Kiawah, but from tee to green it is straightforward, and sand rarely comes into play.

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:02 AM

zagraniczniak:
    (In RL Kiawah is supposed one of the hardest courses in the world)

I was fortunate to play Kiawah irl many years ago.  As I remember I shot like a million.  There is fairway and death (waste areas, weeds, etc, etc).  Greens were very treacherous.  Not particularly enjoyable.  

As far as WGT, and pounding on a hard course until you learn it, I, for one, needed some positive reinforcement on an easier course when I was learning the ropes.  C

• IH8kidz
    907 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:28 AM

What about the Hack that shot 60 there??? Extremely something......hmmmm

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:45 AM

IH8kidz:

What about the Hack that shot 60 there??? Extremely something......hmmmm

Yeah, he gets coughed up into the Community Spotlight every now and then - like a furball.

Report him to members@wgt.com

He's not a hack, he's a hydra - the man of a thousand accounts.

• PAGES
RSS