Forums

Help › Forums

Amy Winehouse found dead

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:22 PM (35 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 4:26 PM

This year's harvest sacrifice.... (South Park reference)

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:38 PM

piztaker:

Sad loss of an incredible talent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

As a music aficionado, what a terrible terrible loss to music, but more importantly than that, a beyond belief loss to her family....

My sympathies to all who love music......

To the people of the UK...I mourn the loss of one of your own.....

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:25 PM

I guess she should have gone to re-hab after all !!!

(no disrespect intended .. just struck me as ironic)

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:48 PM

Always sad then this happens but it isn't like you couldn't see it coming.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:41 PM

Amazing how many music people died at that age, Brian Jones, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Robert Johnson to name just a few.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:04 AM

manabouttown11:
    Another musician dead at 27. What a terrible waste

yes a terrible waste when anyone dies.

However, you live by the sword you die by the sword, which she did , non stop for 4-5 years... I hope she sets an example to the upcoming musicians not to abuse their body with self mutilation, drugs and alcohol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:23 AM

tiffer67:
    Strange comments Jim, seems you have more compassion for someone who gets a bit of stick on these forums, than you do for someone who has died.

I don't cotton to someone who doesn't appreciate God given talents and chooses to waste them and doesn't respect the art. A little different than conversing in a forum.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:59 AM

I've always gone along with that old adage that you should never speak ill of the dead. I fail to understand why people have to have digs at someone less fortunate than themselves. If you can't be nice then why not keep silent? Just my opinion.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 10:17 AM

guess she should have said "yeah, yeah, yeah" to rehab instead of "no, no, no"

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 10:22 AM

YankeeJim:

I don't cotton to someone who doesn't appreciate God given talents and chooses to waste them and doesn't respect the art. A little different than conversing in a forum.

She didn't waste her talents, she was hugely successful. She did however bring about a premature end to her life through her lifestyle.

I fail to see how that justifies the sneering and derisory comments you made previously. I'm sure you've made a mistake or two in your lifetime.

RSS