1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2011 2:53 PM

thanks...good tips.

• DavidAbdul
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 2:47 PM

I have read all posts. What I found the most helpful is this:

The whole mark  - from beginning to end - to me is 40'

So, when you pull the putter and stop halfway and release, your ball will travel up to 20' (depending on how fast the green is). If you are 40' away, go all the way to the end and then release the putter. 

Similarly, if you are 10' away, go 1/4" of the bar. 

Works every time.

• keithf2
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 12:10 PM

yes but how can you putt when the pict is being shown from of the green, like it is on several courses and also shots from bunkers, you cant see the green so you don't know where the flag is.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 4:15 PM

keithf2:

yes but how can you putt when the pict is being shown from of the green, like it is on several courses and also shots from bunkers, you cant see the green so you don't know where the flag is.

Use reverse view...little arrow in lower right screen.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:38 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:42 PM

TeeWade:
    No earthly reason why there can't be an automatic view from behind you to line up your putts

Yes there is. You need the exact picture and if it wasn't taken from that exact GPS location you get the next best view. You'd need a silly number of pictures to cover every scenario. Not likely.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:44 PM

I vote for the yachts, mansions and gin & tonics.  And a resurgence of the Mariners.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:47 PM

Doublemochaman:

I vote for the yachts, mansions and gin & tonics.  And a resurgence of the Mariners.

Well, there's always the yachts, mansions and highballs;)

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:34 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:47 AM

TeeWade:
    Simple solution is to take pics from around the greens then.

OK. How many? The obvious answer would be 360 because then you'd have a complete circle around the pin. But what is the distance would you take them at? And then how far apart would each degree be at that yardage? The further away you get the greater the distance between the shots. Don't forget, each location is mapped as it appears IRL so every shot you take needs a GPS location. It gets prohibitive real quick, the number of pictures you would need. 

RSS