Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:32 PM

TeeWade... good response.  Funny.

Uh, just send a cashier's check directly to me, I'll make sure it is delivered to WGT along with all the other checks.

• papabucks
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 8:28 AM

Hey SGTBILKO

I would love to have your Putting Meter for the Daytona Putter but I am unsure how to email you to request it to be sent to me. Please let me know how.

Thanks

papabucks

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 1:53 PM

papabucks:

Hey SGTBILKO

I would love to have your Putting Meter for the Daytona Putter but I am unsure how to email you to request it to be sent to me. Please let me know how.

Thanks

papabucks

check your email. I just sent it...

• Ramsons202
    25 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:49 AM

yes stokes going down thx

• pit12268
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 12:48 AM

Hi SGTBilko could u pls send me 1 too along with a guide on how to use it ..ty.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 1:02 PM

I  don't know why you lined this out but I have a question .

Is it legal and socially acceptable to hit with a club other than a putter while putting??

Thanks

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 1:03 PM

nivlac:

That's what I like to hear! :D

One last thing.  I didnt' make a mention of the 150 foot scale putter because I don't use it.  As of this writing the 150ft putter is believed to be about 10% stronger than it should be, thus it's more of a hamper on your short game than anything else.  If you get stuck with the 150ft scale then I really recommend pulling out the flopper or hitting a chip.  You're better off.

Is it legal and socially acceptable to hit with a club other than a putter while putting??

Thanks

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 1:26 PM

At WGT it is both legally and socially acceptable.  Those little divots you might leave in the green will digitally repair themselves within minutes... nobody else will have to suffer because of them.

Now, in real life, it's not that cool to hit a wedge while on a green, leaving a nasty divot.  But then again, some course designers come up with those greens, with a particular pin position, that demands a wedge to get close.  I say if they design it then you are obligated to rough up the green to get close to the hole.  We'll blame this one on the architects and greens superintendents.

If they don't want you hitting the best shot then they shouldn't tuck the flag into an unreachable corner of the green so that, even though you're on the green, you cannot putt and get close.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:17 PM

Rzbk:

nivlac:

One last thing.  I didnt' make a mention of the 150 foot scale putter because I don't use it.  As of this writing the 150ft putter is believed to be about 10% stronger than it should be, thus it's more of a hamper on your short game than anything else.  If you get stuck with the 150ft scale then I really recommend pulling out the flopper or hitting a chip.  You're better off.

Thanks

He lined it out because that post was made in December 2008 almost 3 years ago. Since then the 150 foot meter has been fixed and they also made it where the only non putt shot that seems to work on greens now is the punch. The flop chip and pitch go virtually no where. Even the pros when faced with an impossible putt like one where there is a kidney shaped green and there is either rough.fringe bunkers or what ever between the cup and their ball will pitch chip or flop over the obstruction to get closer to the cup than a putt could.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 6:10 PM

Rzbk:

nivlac:

Thanks

In accordance with the rules under the USGA, there are no prohibitions on the type of club to be used on putting surfaces. You might remember Phil Mickelson pitching from the bottom part of a two-tiered green to the top part during the 2002 Ryder Cup.

Unfortunately, unlike Phil Mickelson, most of us won't be able to take a perfect divot that can easily be replaced. Most of us would dig up a good portion of turf and damage the green. I would say it is not socially acceptable and you might really piss of the greens keepers as well.

RSS