Help › Forums

Which putter?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 2 2011 3:17 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kingsman142
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 10:12 AM

I am baffled by which putter to choose.  Each putter has good reviews and bad reviews.  Which one would you prefer?  

1) Spider Putter

2) iWi Anser Series Putter

3) Redwood ZB Putter 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 10:45 AM

HI,

they ar all are good but based on stats redwood is better

Best ones are based on stats and only real difference is meter speed. I prefer my putter to be as slow as possible

-wgticon

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:39 PM

The Rossa without question. Icon don't let him buy one of those crap putters.

TBH. Like the legend balls they should be removed from the club shop.

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:53 PM

Daytona Rossa without a doubt. It has a slower meter speed than RedwoodDont even consider the other two.

Just my opinion.

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:10 PM

Funny... Daytona wasn't one of the choices :^) But as the others have said, if you can wait for the Daytona It's worth the leveling up. It took me from pro to  tour master, and though I don't use it now it still is a good upgrade.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:25 PM

I used the Redwood for almost 2 years all the way to Legend. I used the Anser before that and both of them are accurate putters but you have to learn them and 1 days rental won't cut it.

Whatever one you decide on give yourself a good 10-20 rounds to get comfortable with it.

• kingsman142
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:45 PM

Ok so definately the Rossa?  Because I don't want to make a mistake with spending 750 credits and not be happy with it.  

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 1:52 PM

I think you can be successful with any of them,  For me personally, the TM Rossa/Daytona has been the best putter. Since I've had the Rossa I have tried every new putter that came out, only to sell them all back. I like to "aim and ding," and having the incredibly slow meter of the Rossa means I can ding it 90+% of the time. That means a lot of made putts from over 10 ft, and even further out. I guess it's not quite as accurate as the Ghost or Redwood, but I make up for that with ding.

It's totally up to you and how you play.  GL.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 5:01 PM

kingsman142:

Ok so definately the Rossa?  Because I don't want to make a mistake with spending 750 credits and not be happy with it.  

I don't think you are going to be immediately happy with whatever you get. You're not buying putts, you're buying more precision. You still have to putt and I say this so you don't expect miracles for 750 credits. You have to learn whatever you get so don't panic when all the putts don't drop at first. Give your choice a good chance. GL

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 5:51 PM

I would only move to  one of those if you do not already have the beginner in your bag. On day one I found the rossa dropped anything, however wild I aimed which led me to believe all that bosh about precision actually meant a damn. Day two onwards for the next month and I found the thing to be spasmodic at best, with a meter speed far in excess of what the blurb would have you believe. I found this to be the most frustrating of experiences although in fairness I am a dyed in the wool believer in the beginner being the most capable with anything under 30feet.

In my experience however, whatever you read here will not deter you from spending and learning for yourself, and why not? The best teacher is experience, but first you have to be willing to learn.

Lizzie xx

• PAGES
RSS