Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Pal Analysis

Tue, Dec 4 2018 7:12 PM (25 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 12:42 PM

significant break by where the ball is will "kick" the ball more than it should.

Most any player in WGT hates having break by your feet. it's more difficult to figure out how much it's going to affect the ball. 

Using Kia is a good example. Because most all of us hate Kia greens.  The bad angles to read them plus the propensity to have big breaks right by the holes are a pita.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 1:20 PM

MGB01:
    .seems to do it more when i use most of the putt scale or on a 20ft putt or more.......its something i have accepted because the meter speed is good for me and my ding rate is maybe 9 out of 10......so ill just accept it

Look at a putter with balance. The ball is deflecting your putter because it plays like it's made out of balsa wood. Next free rental find yourself a balanced putter with that speed you like. Balance is what tends to keep putts rolling on line, especially longer ones.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 1:51 PM

YankeeJim:

MGB01:
    .seems to do it more when i use most of the putt scale or on a 20ft putt or more.......its something i have accepted because the meter speed is good for me and my ding rate is maybe 9 out of 10......so ill just accept it

Look at a putter with balance. The ball is deflecting your putter because it plays like it's made out of balsa wood. Next free rental find yourself a balanced putter with that speed you like. Balance is what tends to keep putts rolling on line, especially longer ones.

tried them all jim......just cant find a putter meter slow enough for me.....thats why i have to stick with the free putter.....unfortunatley

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 2:04 PM

MGB01:
    i play on pc with the begginners putter

Why would a Level 102 Champion be playing with a starter club of any kind - especially a putter?

Just curious.

Edit - Of course there are putters with a meter of 5.0 - try TaylormadeSpiders L77 or L94.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:03 PM

DoctorLarry:

MGB01:
    i play on pc with the begginners putter

Why would a Level 102 Champion be playing with a starter club of any kind - especially a putter?

Just curious.

Edit - Of course there are putters with a meter of 5.0 - try TaylormadeSpiders L77 or L94.

the meter speed is everything for me as i ding putt......i make my share of putts with my putter.....57 today in vt tour.....it does work for me.....but i would love to see a putter with good stats i could use with same meter speed....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:05 PM

MGB01:
    tried them all jim......just cant find a putter meter slow enough for me.....thats why i have to stick with the free putter.....unfortunatley

One of the big pluses with the better putters is the increased number of scales. Combine that with using higher scales for shorter putts and you can get the meter travel reduced significantly. A real short backswing doesn't have time to speed up and burn you. 

Check out these 3 putters that have the same speed as yours-all 5.0. BUT, also look at the other specs and how they compare to the 0  1  0  5 of that beginner putter. Same speed, dramatic increase in precision, accuracy and balance. And there's a few more at lower levels with that 5.0 meter speed.  :-)

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 7:18 AM

tried the odyssey lvl 98 and the spider series.....the meter is actually like 4....not like 5 on my putter.....never tried the versa black though.......ill try that next free rental day ...thx guys

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 11:28 AM

Hmm.  The reason I mentioned theTaylormade Spider series is because I really, really like a slow meter and my L77 Red Spider has a 5.0 meter.  I don't plan to replace it until I get L96 Odyssey - which will be a long time for me!

Did you mean that those putters did not have a 5.0 or just did not feel like it?

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 12:22 PM

DoctorLarry:

Hmm.  The reason I mentioned theTaylormade Spider series is because I really, really like a slow meter and my L77 Red Spider has a 5.0 meter.  I don't plan to replace it until I get L96 Odyssey - which will be a long time for me!

Did you mean that those putters did not have a 5.0 or just did not feel like it?

my 5 meter speed is very different to their 5 meter speeds.....with them putters i felt it speeded up near ding line and i just couldnt get the dings ....

RSS