Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Pal Analysis

Tue, Dec 4 2018 7:12 PM (25 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:29 PM

MGB01:
    my 5 meter speed is very different to their 5 meter speeds.....with them putters i felt it speeded up near ding line and i just couldnt get the dings ....

I'm told that the beginner putter is of a different nature, with respect to meter. I don't think there's anything in the Pro Shop like it. it's also different from the starter putter.

So, you're not going to find anything similar in speed to what you have. Nevertheless, with higher-end putters, it's not as important to hit the ding. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:48 PM

Robert1893:

MGB01:
    my 5 meter speed is very different to their 5 meter speeds.....with them putters i felt it speeded up near ding line and i just couldnt get the dings ....

I'm told that the beginner putter is of a different nature, with respect to meter. I don't think there's anything in the Pro Shop like it. it's also different from the starter putter.

So, you're not going to find anything similar in speed to what you have. Nevertheless, with higher-end putters, it's not as important to hit the ding. 

i believe your right robert.....the speed is different from starter putter and all others.....the begginners putter is i believe the slowest meter from all putters.....i have tried them all.... with regard to miss hitt putts with high end putters my experience is actually ....they are forgiving if you miss ding by a fraction......but more than a hair of a fraction and they will miss putts.....this is just my opinion on my personnel experience

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:56 PM

Robert1893:

Nevertheless, with higher-end putters, it's not as important to hit the ding

The bolded part requires a yes and no answer.  But what is important in regards to all putters, is to let the meter start before the blue bar on the meter starts collapsing, lt helps hold the intended line of the putt, if not dinged.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 4:29 PM

MGB01:
    i believe your right robert.....the speed is different from starter putter and all others.....the begginners putter is i believe the slowest meter from all putters.....i have tried them all.

Something else to consider--the ball. You can slow the meter down with a different ball like the Callaway Truvis. You lose .5 in distance but you pick up the same in spin so it's a nice tradeoff and you get a slower meter. Spend ridiculous $ and you could get a 5.0 meter, even slower.

Heh, that 57 says it ain't worth it.  ;-)

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 4:36 PM

YankeeJim:

MGB01:
    i believe your right robert.....the speed is different from starter putter and all others.....the begginners putter is i believe the slowest meter from all putters.....i have tried them all.

Something else to consider--the ball. You can slow the meter down with a different ball like the Callaway Truvis. You lose .5 in distance but you pick up the same in spin so it's a nice tradeoff and you get a slower meter. Spend ridiculous $ and you could get a 5.0 meter, even slower.

Heh, that 57 says it ain't worth it.  ;-)

agreed....i do like the max ball....slow meter.....not the best ball for spin but good enough to find a 57 lol

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 7:12 PM

garyk49:
    let the meter start before the blue bar on the meter starts collapsing, lt helps hold the intended line of the putt, if not dinged.

Yes.  I believe what it really does is reduce the effect of any misding by the ratio of the width of the expanded blue bar range, compared to the collapsed range, i.e., sort of a meter "forgiveness".  It has helped me.

RSS