Forums

Help › Forums

WGT robbing balls at Harbour Town

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:14 PM (3 replies)
  • GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:24 AM

Had deviations which weren't making sense at all, sending balls in the water and weeds. Cost me already 5 balls - and a couple of good scores 2. Any similar experiences?

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:42 AM

Always worth having a think about equipment before playing CTTH courses.

It's probably worth putting some of those 10 cent balls in the bag or at least say 65 sleeve balls.

Skewing a brand new Callaway into the water  when you are possibly only doing the CTTH because you have no friends online atm, takes the shine of the round somewhat.

FWIW. I put a cheaper ball into that water yesterday. Eventually, posted a score on my CC tourny of 136, and that will take some beating. Tough CTTH that one, lots of long irons.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:58 AM

Yep Peter ur right, normally I play the GI-SD or Tour SD, but this time I was going 4 top of the leaderboard :)......

won't use Callies anymore 4 CTTH, but still think it's deliberate and not nice: the shots were good and had enormous deviations (2 be clear: I'm not complaining about random deviations, they are always there, especially in CTTH), even against the wind!

Well...seems there's no netto earnings 4 me this week anymore :)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:14 PM

The water hole cannot be true. Balls in the water when you aim nowhere near it and hit the ding. Distance to pin I have to wonder. When I hit a club against a headwind that should barely reach the green and it flies 20 yards past makes you think.

RSS