Forums

Help › Forums

SupercalifragilisticticexpialidociousChampion

Wed, Dec 26 2018 8:16 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:04 PM

Well......I'm just being a little bit "funny" here with this TITLE.  Just seems that WGT will continue to always keep "moving the goal posts" on us.  

I've been at the "Champion Tier" for about 2-1/2 years now....happily.  And, I have "always" played WGT golf on a Laptop PC (never on a Mobile device)...and I have read here in the WGT Forum, that members playing on Mobile devices have a HUGE advantage.  Only reason I can understand "why"...some members have managed to reach the Legend Tier with less than 150 to 200 ranked rounds.

WGT is just not the same.  IMO, PC players and Mobile players are just not on the same level playing field.  But, I may be all wet here, I'm not sure.

I just have no desire to keep spending real money on this site.  WGT has eliminated the "videos" to earn free credits.  And, I have terrible luck with those "Surveys"....I answer 50 questions on a given survey and end up getting ZERO credits...really?  Nice. The only other option is to stuff money into the WGT (Las Vegas like slot machines)….LOL.

I don't have the BEST clubs that I could have based on my Level and unless you play with fairly descent balls, you really can't score low or be competitive here on WGT.  So, after 4-1/2 yrs....I'm just using the remainder of my the lame balls I do have left in my bag...maybe play a few rounds with the FREE WGT balls.  But, I think all members quickly realize this issue soon after they join.

The funny thing is that WGT says this game is FREE......well, we all know that's not true. Because, if you don't buy the best clubs and use pretty good quality balls, you're not going to ever be very good at this game,  There's just no such thing as FREE.  I just think it would be a "major plus" IF WGT would provide more ways for members to earn FREE credits; bring back videos, straighten out the Survey's so they actually pay out the credits, instead of just gathering information about us (which, IMO, they probably just sell).  This is a GREAT game, for sure, just has become too expensive for me...surely, I'm not alone with this issue.

All that being said.....I do "recommend WGT Golf".  Just be wise and keep track of your spending (have a budget).

But, it's been FUN....and I'm glad to see that WGT finally added 9 holes of ranked round play on "Wolf Creek".  Everyone HAVE FUN....no matter what Tier or Level you're at.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MEMBERS!

Jim

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 9:29 PM

Don't you know that you have to flip the coin for full insight?

It's FTP - free to play - with Starters. You can do so forever but have to accept some limitations of the game and of the fun,

and PTW - pay to win - if you have any ambitions.

In one word: Capitalism!

OTOH, you may choose a different view: Invest in your fun and leisure - it may be worth it!

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:40 PM

OH, I totally agree.....WGT is so FUN to play.

And, I have totally stopped with my "competitive" attitude with this game.  In fact, I only use the FREE WGT balls to play with now......it is challenging playing with them....but, I've reached the point where I feel I have spent WAY TOO MUCH $$$$$ on this game.

I have spent CASH for 90% of the 4-1/2 years here on WGT.  Videos ended.  And, like I mentioned....the SUREYS just barely help at all.  Too many of them...just take my personal information and I end up answer 40 to 50 plus questions....and receive ZERO credits.

So......WGT......IMO, is NOT doing themselves any favors (financially).  More and more members are going to get like ME.....and get tired of pay CASH to play.....and I'm thinking WGT would much prefer people use REAL $$$ to play.

I understand that WGT is a "business".....and every "good business" is in business to earn a profit.  So, I DO understand.

I'll just continue playing with the WGT FREE balls......until WGT decides to STOP allowing us to play with FREE balls.....IF that happens, I will no longer be playing WGT golf.

HAVE FUN!

Jim

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:15 PM

SoCalJim23:
    I'm glad to see that WGT finally added 9 holes of ranked round play on "Wolf Creek".

Just think how glad you'll be when you realize they released the entire course.  :-D

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 10:55 PM

(Too little user benefit from videos and surveys)

SoCalJim23:
    So......WGT......IMO, is NOT doing themselves any favors (financially).  More and more members are going to get like ME.....and get tired of pay CASH to play.....and I'm thinking WGT would much prefer people use REAL $$ to play.
    That's what they actually do - bring people to pay more cash!

I suppose that these "free" credits are hugely discounted for the advertisers. Their possible benefit is totally hidden to me, and that won't be WGT's cash cow, would it?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 7:57 AM
    SoCalJim23:
    and I have read here in the WGT Forum, that members playing on Mobile devices have a HUGE advantage.
    Having played on both i can tell you it's not a huge advantage to play on mobile. I find the game easier on PC.
  • Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:08 AM

DAZZA501:
    Having played on both i can tell you it's not a huge advantage to play on mobile. I find the game easier on PC.

In my opinion, both platforms have advantages and disadvantages. I think the mobile is more forgiving on approach shots. But I think putting is easier on the PC. 

The game is easier on the platform one gets used to and plays the most. 😀

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 9:49 AM

Yeah...….GREAT that WGT has completed and now opened all 18 holes @ WOLF CREEK.  Really beautiful and challenging course!  

I would "think"......if you played that course (in person)…..you better have a Golf Cart or be in super physical condition.  WOW, tons of grade change on that course.

I've just been playing WOLF CREEK the last few days......only using WGT Free starter balls......don't intend to buy any balls from now on.  It's definitely "challenging" with those FREE balls....but, still fun.

Jim

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 1:44 PM

SoCalJim23:
    I would "think"......if you played that course (in person)…..you better have a Golf Cart or be in super physical condition.  WOW, tons of grade change on that course.

That is the first thing I thought of when I saw the course.  I wonder when WGT will start renting electric carts?

Oops, I should not have said that - they might do it!

• PAGES
RSS