Forums

Help › Forums

Day12 of 2018 - 12 Days of Christmas Gifting

Sat, Dec 29 2018 6:07 AM (56 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 3:18 PM

Looks like the ghost of Christmas past has been clanging about in the shadows.

You old "Dickens"...

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:16 PM

What a Coal in the stocking , kick in the but, push in the pool.

non-fun fest, Wolf Creek turns out to be! , lost 12 balls so far,

more to come, to pay for a new course??

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 3:46 AM

"and another one bites the dust"...Queen

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 4:36 AM

A great big thank you to all the Santa's out there for another great 12 days of Christmas !

If secret Santa is in fact still sneaking around still and happens to have a L99 Rouge Sub Par Zero 3 wood in his bag I would be very appreciative,  It has been a long 4th quarter of the year having become unemployed in September for the first time in my life after 42 years of working so I have had to cut back to minimal expenditures for my "entertainment/frustration" on WGT buying only balls.

Once again thank you for to all the Santa's for their generosity and I hope everyone has a joyous and prosperous New Year !!

Wayne

• Leggoman13
    8,363 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 5:22 PM

mrcaddie:
    Bye.

garypinhunter

1,041 Posts

12-13-2017 6:58 AM

Yes many WGT members made and will make this a great thing.  Here is a little poem I but together last year in honor of MRCADDIE.   Hope you enjoy 

‘Twas the night before Santa s give away, when all thro’ the house,

Not a WGT player was stirring, not even their mouse;

The clubs were all nestled in the bag with great care,

In hopes that MRCADDIE soon would be there;

The golf balls were snuggled secure in their sleeves,

While visions of birdies flew past the weeds,

And Mama in her ‘kerchief, and I in my golf cap,

Had just settled our PC down for a long winter’s nap-

When out on my I Pad there arose such a rash,

I sprang from the bed to see another Country Club Clash.

Away to my Laptop I flew like a drive,

Quickly turned on the power, in hopes I could thrive.

The moon on the breast of a new WGT day,

Gave the lustre of new irons a look my way;

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a message the server was busy that bought on a tear,

With a new message in the forums so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be MRCaddie playing St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and did not call them by name:

“Now! Ton Paul, now! TC, now! you, and you,

“On! wgt, on! wgt, on! Maintenance and Update;

“To the top of the forum you should Bump! 

“Now post away! Post away! Post away all!”

As dry leaves before the wild hurricane fly,

When we meet with an obstacle, rant to the sky;

So up to the main forum the coursers they flew,

With the messages full of please give me this club or ball:

And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,

Down the gifts they came with a bound:

He was dress’d all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnish’d with fescue and soot;

A bundle of clubs was flung on his back,

And he look’d like a caddie just opening his pack:

His eyes - how they twinkled! his dimples how merry,

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry;

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a tee he held tight in his teeth,

And the grass it encircled his head like a wreath.

He had a broad face, and a little round belly

That shook when he laugh’d, like a bowl full of jelly:

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laugh’d when I saw him in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to my Ipad,

And fill’d all me with new clubs; I was so glad,

And laying his finger aside of his nose

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.

He sprung to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle:

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight-

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good game.

• dblmikeusa1
    77 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 8:53 PM

mrcaddie:

dblmikeusa1:
    My wife budgets well (thank the Lord), and I get a small amount for gaming, but it isn't anything substantial to acquire premium equipment. For the last 3 months however, one of our CC members was diagnosed with cancer and eventually lost his fight, so rather than buy credits and save up, I chose to donate my monthly game allowance to him and his family. 

Really?

Sorry SB, had to post this before someone fell for it.

Bye.

Yeah, really. Would you like to see my disability award letter? How about my hospital EOB's? How about I show you the GoFundMe donations, that align with the purchase history? How about a 1040?

We can talk offline in more detail if you would like? No sense in throwing a virtual sucker punch, then running away with a "bye" when you only see what's on the surface and know absolutely nothing about how those items were acquired,.

How about you dig further into things and look when I purchased credits? Aside from 300, I'd be willing to bet it was maybe mid summer, when I received back pay from the VA and had a little to spend on the game. 

May karma take care of anyone who would exploit a false VA disability, in addition, let karma take care of anyone who would discredit those with ANY disability.

To anyone following the thread, if you were compelled to be Santa, go ahead and give the gift/s to someone else. We don't want anyone getting the wrong idea if you decided to select me.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 6:25 AM

dblmikeusa1:
    How about you dig further into things

How about taking your own vitriol advice, and learn about the person behind the response?

You have just disrespected the most benevolent person in here. Mrcaddie started all this generosity years ago. I have had the pleasure of golfing with him, & others, in here in real life, late last summer.

Part of receivership of a gift, is the Santa's helpers are looking back in peoples profiles, to see if they are actually deserving of a gift.

The criterion is simple. A look at your account would suggest that, yes indeed, you can, and, have the means to support yourself. Nothing more was said or articulated. Others were evenly scrutinized.

We're all in some type of turmoil in life, at times. Some wear it silently & honorably

This was a giving thread. Contributions given for the sake of giving, & nothing else. If you feel slighted, contact the others that received nothing without complaints.

Perhaps they can help you, to help yourself, instead of demonizing some one else.

Karma has taken very good care of mrcaddie, it works both ways sir.

Have a happier new year

☢--------------------<*{{{{{-(

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 6:52 AM

@dblmikeusa1

Here are a couple of things I don't understand. 

If you have the Nike irons, why do you need new ones? The Nike irons are as good as those Callaway. The only difference is the Callaway irons have a slightly slower meter speed. 

And how were you able to purchase equipment that had been removed from the Pro Shop quite some time ago?

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:26 AM

Just curious why you bought a Level 18 putter in October, a Level 96 putter in November and you are currently using a Level 70 putter? Several expensive Nike club purchases 9 months after they were removed from being available?

Also wondering how you are using a seemingly solid supply of pricey Level 95 balls when you are "in need"? Also, there is not a single ball purchase of any kind in the last three months of your play and you have played quite a lot.

Not trying to be rude or intrusive here but these are the type of things that folks who are willing to spend a lot of credits on another player will look at before they decide whether or not to do so.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:03 AM

This year, it seemed to me that we had a lot of players asking for incremental increases. In other words, they had Level 90 or higher irons and asked for Level 97 or 100 irons. Or we had a fair number of high-level players (champions) asking for gifts. 

Of course, they say there's no harm in asking. But actually, there is. I always thought the point of the Christmas events was to help out those who were still moving up and didn't have the better equipment. Or helping those who could purchase decent sleeves of balls. Maybe that's just me.

Nevertheless, if we have a July event, I plan on being back and participating. Still, I might put in place some "personal rules" for my giving.

If I'm around next time (and at this point, there's no reason to think I won't be), I think my rules are going to be the person has to be at Legend or below and has to be asking for clubs that are significantly better.

For example, I don't think the Sabertooth Level 98 is significantly better than the Versa Level 70 putter. The difference is more "eye candy" than substance.

Regardless, those are just my post-game thoughts. Others may differ, which is fine. 

RSS