Forums

Help › Forums

Day12 of 2018 - 12 Days of Christmas Gifting

Sat, Dec 29 2018 6:07 AM (56 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:14 AM

"Would you like to see my disability award letter? How about my hospital EOB's? How about I show you the GoFundMe donations, that align with the purchase history? How about a 1040?"

This ^^^ reminds me of the Pdb1 saga...except shorter.

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:49 PM

ct690911:
     reminds me of the Pdb1 saga

Sssssssshhhhhhh !

• billycash74
    2,078 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 3:24 PM

i want to know how he bought Nike equipment? is everyone gonna let that go?

• craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 3:26 PM

Happy New Year Formal Messages Clients Customers Buisness 2017

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 3:29 PM

If they want to keep from being moderated they are...  ;-)

Ct >

This is very reminiscent of something lately.

Can't.......seem.......to.........remember!!!!!

☢---------------------<*{{{{{-(

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:48 PM

Hi

gonfission:

dblmikeusa1:
    How about you dig further into things

How about taking your own vitriol advice, and learn about the person behind the response?

You have just disrespected the most benevolent person in here. Mrcaddie started all this generosity years ago. 

100% agreed. As I was starting out here I asked "Santa" for a new driver. I never really expected my request to be taken seriousy, let alone acted upon. Of course, it wasn't Santa rattling about on my roof it was mrcaddie, dropping the thing down my chimney. Since then I've never known him as anything other than one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet on here.

Following on from that

Robert1893:

This year, it seemed to me that we had a lot of players asking for incremental increases. In other words, they had Level 90 or higher irons and asked for Level 97 or 100 irons. Or we had a fair number of high-level players (champions) asking for gifts. 

Of course, they say there's no harm in asking. But actually, there is. I always thought the point of the Christmas events was to help out those who were still moving up and didn't have the better equipment. Or helping those who could purchase decent sleeves of balls. Maybe that's just me.

I don't think so Robert, I agree. When mrcaddie gifted me my driver I was a tour pro (I think, or around that level) and struggling to get credits and better equipment. That one act made a huge difference and I vowed to help out in future if I could. When I eventually sold that back I used the credits to gift another new player a wedge.

I would have loved to have helped out this year but the number of lower level/tier players (that I saw anyway, I may be wrong) asking was very small. Most that I saw were around lvl 90 or asking for at least lvl90 equipment. As someone who was toying with the idea of getting the Cally lvl 97 irons for a while, it makes absolutely no sense to spend nearly 5000cr for 0.5 more precision and a slower meter. To then be able to gift them is way out of my league.

Nevertheless, respect to all those people who did and thankyou for carrying on a great tradition, Thanks also to Ralph, SBest, for getting the thing up and running and doing a great job of it.

I wish everybody a happy, successful and prosperous New Year

Cheers!

Rich

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 6:17 PM

dblmikeusa1:
    How about I show you the GoFundMe donations, that align with the purchase history?

Why were you spending Go Fund Me money on the game ? People donated money to help you with your medical needs and you waste it on the game ? Also Wayne was just pointing out how your activity shows different from your statement . You said that for the last 3 months you were donating you game money to a cc member who was in need .

Yet your history shows you made major club purchases over the last 2 months . I will admit that you did lay it on just a tad too thick . We all have needs in life and things happen , thats life . But there is no justification for trying to take advantage of others kindness . You can bet everyone will disregard your request .

Either due to the fact that you were blowing smoke , or for the way you disrespected Wayne . You can bet no gifts will be coming your way .

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:33 PM

billycash74:
    i want to know how he bought Nike equipment? is everyone gonna let that go?

I also asked. But I doubt we'll get an answer from the person.

Regardless, there used to be a glitch in the mobile platform allowing players to purchas equipment after it had been removed from the Pro Shop. I thought WGT had fixed it.

Basically, you simply had to find another player who had the equipment. Upon viewing their equipment within the mobile platform, you can click on specs, and it brings up an option to purchase that club.

And it still works that way. See screen shot below. But I don't know if clicking on "purchase" will actually complete the transaction now. And I'm not going to test it out. Supposedly, when you click on it now, it doesn't do anything. That's not the way it used to be.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 12:17 AM

still works!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 1:07 AM

andwhy67:

still works!!

I realize this thread has taken a slight turn, however I find this very interesting. There has been a lot of discussion as of late with regards to players not being able to see another players equipment on mobile.

Now, with that being said added to what we are discussing now with the recent purchase of a Nike putter by a player  makes you wonder if WGT is attempting a fix? 

Don

RSS