Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Speed and old age

Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:39 PM (37 replies)
  • Fredyourman
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 9:10 PM

I am Sixty Two years old and disabled, now I love the game my only problem is that I would like to move up to some of the better clubs, The problem is that all the good stuff has a high meter speed.

Yes I know that is part of the challenge but I persionaly will never be able to use these clubs with high meter speed.

So what I am asking is it not possible to at least make a few of the good clubs available with a slow swing meter.

I am sure there are more than me in this position and would love to inprove their clubs.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:16 PM

Fredyourman:

I am Sixty Two years old and disabled, now I love the game my only problem is that I would like to move up to some of the better clubs, The problem is that all the good stuff has a high meter speed.

Yes I know that is part of the challenge but I persionaly will never be able to use these clubs with high meter speed.

So what I am asking is it not possible to at least make a few of the good clubs available with a slow swing meter.

I am sure there are more than me in this position and would love to inprove their clubs.

Hi

you could try raptures v2 + callaway balls. It would make them as slow as possible and still be able to compete on any tier

-wgticon

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 2:50 AM

I play the R11 woods -driver, 3, 3 rescue / irons - Tour Burner Plus / Z satin wedges / Putter for a slow meter spider.

R-11 woods and Tour Burner Plus Irons meter speed is pretty good for slow - the accuracy excellent / easy to keep them playable because all have great forgiveness for a miss hit.

I play the Srixon spin ball with this set-up get decent results from tee to green to keep me in the hunt / it has allowed me to make a few Masters mad enough to leave an Alt Shot game at Down 2 strokes with 3 holes left to play, if that counts for anything.

My ding success for hitting the Ding with or without this set up is never / I am not a Ding hitter I miss the ding early 85 to 90 percent of the time 3 to 6 lines early the rest of the time I hit ding way late by 5 lines or more. Look at stats to see my success with the R 11's and Tour Burner Plus irons.

Avg. Driving Distance - - - 251 Yd

Driving Accuracy - - - 67.24%

Green in Regulation % - - - 60.20%

Avg. Distance to Pin - - - - - 21 Ft.

Skill Challenge Avg. Score  - - - - 271.00

I have a few videos I saved take a look see if it helps you out, there are 3 videos that are not on there because in Alt shot games there is no Replay and no way to save replays. 2 Eagles tonight from 100 plus yards , 1 short iron shot inside 50 yards for a birdie.

• Fredyourman
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 9:58 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guy's I will check them out.

Much appreciated

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 10:26 AM

I am with the OP, and have often wondered why players are asked to pay more to upgrade to clubs that have a faster meter. As far as it goes, it's a retrograde step to pay more for something that is harder to use than the free starter equipment. Of course those who wish to maintain their macho man I-can-do-anything image should be welcome to continue along their chosen path of senseless hardship, but for others who believe in paying for better products, could not "better" include a slower meter? Just seems to make sense to me.

Lizzie xx

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 10:36 AM

LizzieRossetti:

I am with the OP, and have often wondered why players are asked to pay more to upgrade to clubs that have a faster meter. As far as it goes, it's a retrograde step to pay more for something that is harder to use than the free starter equipment. Of course those who wish to maintain their macho man I-can-do-anything image should be welcome to continue along their chosen path of senseless hardship, but for others who believe in paying for better products, could not "better" include a slower meter? Just seems to make sense to me.

Lizzie xx

Sense has no place here. Faster meters mean more ball sales.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 11:15 AM

G 10 s and gi-sd s nice combo..  id stay away from raptures imo

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 11:38 AM

Or Or - Faster Meter could be like the "faster little red sports car thing" / but 1 thing is for sure with the big fancy smanchy clubs with wicked faster meters that some like to play.

When they hit that shot wide of Fairway into the 60 Percent Rough - meter got me sorry for that bad shot, oh gee you think Captain Obvious.

Or maybe it gives a few free excuses to the select group that can't find the ding no matter what.

Best golf tip I heard - keep your head down and keep swinging.

To Fredyourman - just remember when not catching the ding the bigger distance / faster meter speeds won't benefit much because for a miss ding hit you lose a percentage of power due to a miss hit ball, shots not only go off line but end up short on distance. With the lower level R11 driver at 252 I can still keep up with the guys hitting long drivers because they miss the ding more then I do especially the guys trying to master the R9 drivers higher level.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 1:00 PM

WGTicon:
    you could try raptures v2 + callaway balls. It would make them as slow as possible and still be able to compete on any tier

Define "compete".

How can my raptures and callaway compete with this amazing shot hit by Priestess?

Burner 3I carries 229 yards, downwind, downhill, and stops like a wedge?

I'm working on trying to play a faster meter but so far its not good.

There are many, many, older players, as well as young players, on here who would enjoy better clubs with a slower meter.  Its an opportunity WGT!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2011 1:34 PM

andyson:
    There are many, many, older players, as well as young players, on here who would enjoy better clubs with a slower meter.  Its an opportunity WGT!

Erm, they already seized the opportunity with the different speed balls. Why would they forego that by essentially negating their need with a slower meter club?

Besides that, until they redefine the advertising demographic,  the oldies lose.  ;-)

RSS