Help › Forums

-7 and raise?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 10 2019 11:29 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AIKAREN
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:15 AM

Hi, Im a legend on level 92 and just scorded a -7 on the last 9 on Wolf Creek. Before my round, I had 62.63. After the game it was raised to 62.64!  Can anyone explain? Was it because I scored a doulbe eagle or?  Aprt from that one, I hade one eagle and two birdies and five pars/ AIKAREN.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:30 AM

The number of rounds you needed to stop your average from going up was changed in the last update. Consensus has it at 500 Ranked Rounds now.

• AIKAREN
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:43 AM

Thanks - but still. I was seven under, not over. Should it not have been lowered, mot raised?

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:49 AM

Pardon me, but for Legends, it has always been 500 rounds ;)

AIKAREN:
    Im a legend [...] and just scorded a -7 on the last 9 on Wolf Creek. Before my round, I had 62.63. After the game it was raised to 62.64!  Can anyone explain?

Please tell the absolute scores! You had a 29 which doubles to 58 for average purpose.

There's no explanation whatsoever for that outcome as an isolated event. The average would always drop but that might be covered by rounding.
    The following 33 = 66 might be the culprit, if the numbers haven't been updated immediately.
    I won't propose that you mixed up the numbers, 62.64 - 62.63....
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 9:38 AM

alosso:
    There's no explanation whatsoever for that outcome as an isolated event.

alosso:

I didn't look and you're right BUT are we sure that didn't change, too? Nobody ever said anything, we all just assumed. Do you think maybe we missed that? IDK.

• AIKAREN
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 12:30 PM

Well, the round before -7 I played a -3 round. But I´m 100% sure the raise came aftter my -7 round as I was curious how much that would lower my average.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 1:15 PM

YankeeJim:
    alosso:

I didn't look and you're right BUT are we sure that didn't change, too? Nobody ever said anything, we all just assumed. Do you think maybe we missed that? IDK.

IDK, but that wasn't your point. It was "it changed to 500".

Furthermore, it's odd enough that it changed in the former second tier, TL - why should it change in the former third one, L?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 3:55 PM

alosso:
    IDK, but that wasn't your point. It was "it changed to 500".

I already said I didn't look, I just assumed he was a TL where the saturation point DID change.

The fact remains the OP saw something that indicates something may have changed. We don't know if he was actually saturated at his level so it's hard to say.

alosso:
    Furthermore, it's odd enough that it changed in the former second tier, TL - why should it change in the former third one, L?

Because the second one changed and it's not illogical to think WGT restructured more than the TL tier. I suspect they didn't but again, we don't know.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 4:15 PM

No changes at Legend, and I should know.

But there is no way, no way at all, that shooting a 29 should raise your average as a Legend. I've occasionally had a 29 that didn't lower the average, but never had a 29 -- or a 30, for that matter, raise it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 4:50 PM

K7JBQ:
    But there is no way, no way at all, that shooting a 29 should raise your average as a Legend

You would certainly think so but it gets stranger. The OP says after that -7 (29) his average goes up(!) to 62.64. A round of 32 and a round of 28 after that has it currently at 62.62!

Since he's only pounding on 1 course I'd bet the data got a little messed up and his display didn't match the actual fact.  

• PAGES
RSS