Forums

Help › Forums

putter pal is not my pal....

Tue, May 22 2012 6:23 PM (55 replies)
  • AussieNutcase
    128 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:49 AM

IM a Nutter so watch what ya say, and my country club is The Royal Nutters Country Club, got a problem with Nutters have ya LOL. why not use another term to describe your frustration pal

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:16 AM

The wind has no bearing on any putt.

• Meridional
    26 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:25 PM

I hate the damn putter pal.  How do we turn the thing off?  what is wrong with these idiots who keep screwing with the game?

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:44 PM

MENU

GAME SETTINGS

DISPLAY  (and scroll down)

turn off PUTTER PAL DISPLAY and SAVE

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:54 PM

Bidi:

MENU

GAME SETTINGS

DISPLAY  (and scroll down)

turn off PUTTER PAL DISPLAY and SAVE

Thanks Bidi,

I wondered when someone was going to repeat how to turn that infernal thing off.

A surprising amount of players do not know that the options screen above has a scroll bar on the right ! In essence there are 2 pages of option choices, not just the one you see if you don't scroll down.

SM

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 4:09 PM

This is the most useless item on WGT.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 4:56 PM

use putter pal with the Nike putter, thats what it is set up for

i think it works great, but i still cant putt very goodly

heck, send em to me

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 5:17 PM

moonreaderman:

The wind has no bearing on any putt.

That will cost ya a few strokes here and there.

• moonreaderman
    118 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 11:27 AM

Are you serious MBaggese???

I played real Golf for many years and to think that the wind had any effect on my putt would be like the supernatural had an effect on my putts.

I do concede that wind could push a ball in a hole on a green from a few inches away if there was some thirty or forty mph wind gusts... but... on the course we play here in virtual golf......the wind never exceeds much over 20mph. That kind of wind would have almost no effect on any ball unless it was in the air.

So, why would WGT program that into this game where wind speeds barely effect a ball in flight.?

If the wind was gusting high enough to effect a ball, this usually meant that a storm was brewing and it was about to rain.....with or without lightening. I used to leave my clubs under a tree and head to the clubhouse when any lightening occurred. A bag full of lightening rods was the first thing that I ditched in lightening storms.

I mean, have you contacted WGT to ask them if this is part of the program? 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 11:54 AM

Go find a 25 mph wind on 11 stimp greens IRL and see if the wind has no effect.

Imagine you're @ a bowling alley (assuming those are basically completely flat)  you have a machine roll a golf ball perfectly straight.  You roll a ball 3 times, once with no wind, once with fans along the right producing a 25 mph wind, and once again w/ fans on opposite side.  Do you think it is going to hit the center pin all 3 times?

RSS