Forums

Help › Forums

C L A P T O N

Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:45 AM (9 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 4:42 PM

When he was in top form, there were few, if any, that could match him. The speed, the phrasing, the melodic playing, and the making it all look so effortlessly. 73 years old now and still doing gigs, he has 7 European dates and 5 nights in Tokyo between April and June, and continues to build on his 300 million dollar net worth. Some of that is from me. . .I have seen him live 11 times. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 5:20 PM

I love watching and listening to him jamming!  Live is best!

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 10:33 PM

His time in Cream is my favorite.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 4:06 AM

This fella is good as well.....did i say good ;-)

• Bowl64
    3,119 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2019 6:21 AM

I like old Slowhand too, the "One more car one more rider" DVD is one of my absolute favourites ;))

Bjorn

• Enigmatist
    57 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 6:29 AM
    A tremendous career that ended last year when he announced his retirement. Of course everyone will have their favourites from Cream, Derek and The Dominoes, his album with BB King, his time with John Mayall, his live albums with a variety of blues artists. I’d have to nominate the following. Disraeli Gears From The Cradle Riding With The King (with BB King) Live At Madison Square Garden ( with Steve Winwood) If it had to be any of the above, I’d choose his crisply articulated picking on From The Cradle.
  • MacallanRareCask
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 1:59 PM

So.....EC definitely top 5 all time.....He derived his nickname from his early days as he would "bend" strings with his left had so severely....one of the first to do it that way.....that he was constantly breaking strings.  As he was changing them, the audience would clap very slowly until he was done and back playing....hence "Slow Hand"......however, if you want to talk about pure virtuoso ..... then it's Jimi and Stevie Ray.  When asked, Clapton agreed. 

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 7:54 PM

The guitar in the rocking chair is a tribute to the late great Roy Orbison

I think this is "ALRIGHT"

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 8:30 AM

Jeff Beck ticks all the boxes. Clapton and Beck are like brothers but even Big E realises the playing skills involved. The guy's a virtuoso :)

• MacallanRareCask
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:45 AM

Absolutely the most amazing "Super Group" of all time........awesome!!!

RSS