Forums

Help › Forums

Question for WGT

Sat, Feb 9 2019 4:45 AM (26 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 8:08 AM

Are these tools legal to use when playing a game?

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 8:38 AM

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:07 AM

Some guy in another forum seems to think they are not legal to use, and challenged me to post them in WGT forum.

This guy is a piece of work, believe me 

• LLLlloyd88
    179 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:11 AM

I hope so because I use all three. But realistically the spreadsheet is just a fancy calculator, and most everyone uses at least a calculator. The ruler is just a more convenient way of measuring side aim, some people use the built in chipping grid. The wind clock is probably overkill, I'm sure a quick glance can get you within +/- 5 degrees.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:14 AM

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:36 AM

Woodoworkery:

Are these tools legal to use when playing a game?

Hi,

My take would be that they are perfectly legal as seeing as mags & Naturali played live In Atlanta In the full glare of WGT/Top Golf & Naturali used a Spreadsheet & a Wind Clock.

Some may frown on It, The so called purists but personally I don't mind once they don't alter the game/crack Into the code etc

Ken

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 10:09 AM

I don't know?

With a slow enough meter ball and clubs, that's not far short of an auto dinger, their supposed to do everything for you and they don't always hit the ding when you look on Youtube.

Or maybe I'm just envious, because they do look impressive, everything you need in front of you.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 10:40 AM

Sorry have to repost another image, he is nitpicking me because the clock should have been the protractor, and I did not have the pixel ruler for the spin dot

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 10:57 AM

Woodoworkery:

Some guy in another forum seems to think they are not legal to use, and challenged me to post them in WGT forum.

This guy is a piece of work, believe me

You should challenge him to post his concerns here. If he's so sure of his position and that their use is an issue, he should be willing to post his thoughts here. 

RSS