Forums

Help › Forums

Master With A 75 Average?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 5 2011 10:34 AM (6 replies)
  • FearlessAl
    32 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:08 AM

I just played an AS match with a guy who was a Master but his average is 75. Please tell me how this can be.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:16 AM

Go look at his score history, should give you an idea.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 8:22 AM

Once a player tiers up, he cannot tier down. My bet is he tiered up and is now struggling with the tees.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 9:25 AM

Hell, I'm still a Master at level 80 and it ain't because of no struggling with the tees or lack of proper gear or golf balls. Well equipped and comfortable with my set-up, thank you very much. My average right now is 64.35. It's just that it's a long, long, hard slog to peck away with .05 or .08 at a time to reach the magic mark of 62 or 63 or whichever the kick upstairs requires. Bit sisyphean, actually. I want Tour Master so bad I can taste it but seems like I might get to level 150 before I get there. Very frustrating. And the major reason for this state of floundering? Two words: PUTT-ING! Inconsistent putting. Way, way too many birdie putts left inches short or sliding by by inches. Oh, I can have the odd good round now and then but still am on average three or four strokes per round better if I could read the bloody greens/grid just a hair better so it's pretty much all on me, I know that, all a mental thing that can cause fits of screaming. Same with what my real golf game is/was. Putting head case. Of course, I'm not alone here with this.Greg <gsoup> calls it an "-itis"; a disease, Well, it sorta is. Maybe I eventually overcome it or maybe I make Legend at level 250. Hah! (Been wanting to vent about this for a long time so thanks for listening)

• FearlessAl
    32 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 9:30 AM

SgtDoodles:

Once a player tiers up, he cannot tier down. My bet is he tiered up and is now struggling with the tees.

I understand that once a player tiers up he cannot tier back down, but my average has NEVER went back up with the bad rounds, only down with the good ones. I was just wondering how his average could have gone back up this much.

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 10:00 AM

Maybe he had just tiered up and his average hadn't settled back down yet.   C

• ColDroop
    5 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 10:34 AM

When i was a Pro  i shot my best game ever and dropped to a 68

I was so excited I went and purchased a full set of new clubs to try and better that score...

Little did I know (maybe wasnt paying attention) I had advanced to Tour Pro

Not sure if there was a tee or green speed change, but the next game I hopped in to a 4 man stroke play...with 3 people higher tiers than myself

I shot a horrendous +7 on Oakmont and have been stuck in the mid  70's ever since

new tier,new clubs, new course (to me) and a horrible round can kill an average

I want demoted back to pro!! lol

RSS