Forums

Help › Forums

Gifts

Mon, Mar 11 2019 4:46 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 10:44 PM

OK i have no idea where to post this and this has happened a number of times. I receive a message that someone has sent me a free sleeve of balls. Click here to equip. I try and nothing happens other then it brings me to my equipment page. But there are no balls or gifts to equip. What am I doing wrong.

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:12 AM

Ferrit101:

OK i have no idea where to post this and this has happened a number of times. I receive a message that someone has sent me a free sleeve of balls. Click here to equip. I try and nothing happens other then it brings me to my equipment page. But there are no balls or gifts to equip. What am I doing wrong.

Your equipment page is where you "equip" any club or ball.  If you are on PC, click the tab that says balls and you will see a scrollable display of all balls in your inventory.  Only one of them will be marked "equipped" - that means it is in your "bag".  Slide through them to see all the other ones in your inventory and you should see the new ones.  Click and drag it to the ball "slot" at the top of the display - that will equip the new ball. You do the same with any club shown. 

It looks different on mobile, but the idea is the same.  The list of clubs and ball is on the left.  Select "ball" to see your inventory and your "equipped" one should show to the right.  Select a different ball from inventory and you will see it on the right with a button to "Equip".  Click it and you are done.

Edit - I see from your equipment that you have apparently equipped clubs before (and I assume balls, too).  Are you saying nothing is showing to be equipped?  If so, can you post a screen shot of what you see?

• Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 10:04 AM

Indeed I have changed clubs,balls,putters numerous times. I cannot get the link from my email to show the balls for me to equip. This isnt the first time I got a gift that did the same thing. I  thought I must be doing something wrong. So  i have ignored it a few times but i am losing likely 3 different times when I got a sleeve that just plain did not show in my equip list when I chose balls and scrolled through what I have to try to equip them.

This is the email

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

lynisweden sent you the following message:

----------------------------------
    Subject:You have received a gift!

God bless you and thanks for the balls

You can reply to this message with the following Link:
    You have received a gift!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 10:56 AM

Ferrit101:
    Click here to equip. I try and nothing happens other then it brings me to my equipment page. But there are no balls or gifts to equip. What am I doing wrong.

If they gift you the same ball you're using you won't see anything other than your ball count going up. Anytime I gift a sleeve the first thing I do is go see what the player uses.

Could this be what's happening?

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:06 PM

YankeeJim:

If they gift you the same ball you're using you won't see anything other than your ball count going up. Anytime I gift a sleeve the first thing I do is go see what the player uses.

Could this be what's happening?

That certainly sounds like what is happening.  

• Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:48 PM

Definitely understand that. I have been a member for quite awhile and the balls on all 3 occasions were different then mine. They just plain dont show up in my equipment I shouldn't need to do anything to get them other than equip them.

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 10:53 PM

Ferrit101:

This is the email

You can reply to this message with the following Link:
    You have received a gift!

This looks like you sent someone a sleeve and they are just responding and saying thank you. I get a message every time I gift a sleeve to someone and the message is titled "You Have Received A Gift".

When you send someone a sleeve they get a message titled "You Have Received A Gift" and it comes from you even though you did not actually take the normal steps in sending a message. When they reply to this message saying thank you or whatnot, the message you receive has the same title and it could be perceived as someone has sent you a gift.

i dunno.....maybe?

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 11:12 PM

twinponds169:
    This looks like you sent someone a sleeve and they are just responding and saying thank you.
    +1!

@Ferrit: From your activity list: You played an A/S with this player on Feb 15, you befriended him, commented on his wall and sent (him?) some balls as a gift.

• Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 8:09 AM

I think your a little confused Alosso. All of what you said is right except we sent each other a sleeve of balls and the question is why are they not showing up? Where are the gifts? Why aren't they in my equipment to equip? Not the first time this happened at least 2 other occasions someone sent a sleeve of balls and nothing showed up. SO where are they?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:12 AM

Ferrit101:

This is the email

That is for a gift you sent to that player. The player has replied thanking you. 

You should be able to see that you made this gift in your transaction history. 

https://www.wgt.com/user/transactions.aspx

You can also see any recent gifts sent to you in there. 

_CHAMPION 

• PAGES
RSS