Forums

Help › Forums

Swing meter?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 14 2011 12:18 AM (3 replies)
  • jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:30 AM

FAQ's state swing meter 1-5 with 5 being fastest.  Well looking at the swing meter how does it count it- is 1 to the far left or is 5... In other words if the needle is to far left is that slower then if its to far right - or is it the other way around.... My guess is the further left the needle is the faster the swing meter is but not sure -can someone answer this please.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:14 PM

jwhistler31:

FAQ's state swing meter 1-5 with 5 being fastest.  Well looking at the swing meter how does it count it- is 1 to the far left or is 5... In other words if the needle is to far left is that slower then if its to far right - or is it the other way around.... My guess is the further left the needle is the faster the swing meter is but not sure -can someone answer this please.

hi,

Slowest is 1, the far left. As it goes to the right the swing meter speed increases...

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:30 PM

This confuses so many newbs, and is very inaccurate anyway. Why doesn't  WGT change it to a dot system, like everything else?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 12:18 AM

piztaker:

This confuses so many newbs, and is very inaccurate anyway. Why doesn't  WGT change it to a dot system, like everything else?

I'm an analog kinda guy and the swing meter seems pretty intuitive to me. It's precisely akin to the speedometer on your car's dashboard - the further to the right (clockwise) the pointer is, the faster your speed is.

RSS