Forums

Help › Forums

Declining from Alternate Shot games

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:28 AM (8 replies)
  • Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:03 AM

I am amazed daily how people who obviously click to join a game,  then suddenly decline.

I've only been here 5 minutes so have no enemies.

There are in my humble opinion only 5 factors governing your decision to join or not :-

(i)  The course

(ii)  The game owner ( is he a known factor ? )

(iii) The timer ( 60 secs maybe too short for some )

(iv)  Tier level  (pro's mixing with masters +)

(v)  There is a fifth, but can't remember it right now............

I'll play with anyone from hack to Legend, don't give a toss, but I'd love to know why these people connect and then fook off, it is totally exasperating to listen to the constant clicking of people coming and going, and the sad thing is you can't say anything abusive to them............like fook off , don't mess with my game you dipstick.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:37 AM

Keep in mind that sometimes you go into these games not knowing what is there.

I have clicked out of the alternate shot games for the following reasons:

(i) The Course

(ii) The Game Owner

(iii) The one you forgot, the number of holes.  Sometimes I don't have time for 18 holes.

I do not click out after the teams are set or after the game has started.

Just my 2 cents.

1goodgolfer

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:10 AM

click off when you can see the owner cannot make a fair match. You get a 82 avg with three  67 avg. Cannot make a game with that

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:36 AM

Most of that information is on the invite though.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:40 AM

piztaker:

Most of that information is on the invite though.

I was referring to going into a random game, not one with an invitation.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 7:01 AM

Many will decline when the see the level of competition is too high or too low.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 7:27 AM

agree

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 7:47 AM

TBF. An Alt game might take some time to complete. Sometimes I log on looking for a quick match play over 9 or a Blitz. Then I have to run out for a class.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:28 AM

I play wiv 2eyedfeeney and tonto occasionally as we are all similar level, but we all got there by playing with better players and learning from them.

When 2i and I first started we took great delight in beating 'masters'.

There's a handful of really really good players out there that you can meet randomly, and you can always give them a game.

I believe the super duper players have their own circle and don't mix with the riff raff. All you ever see is their names at the top of leaderboards.

RSS