Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problem

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:47 PM (6 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 12:06 PM

First off this is not a my meter stutters post. No mine is smooth 99% of the time. My problem is that after 15 or 20 years wearing lined bifocals I just switched to no line and I can not for the life of me hit the ding anymore. I either click way too early or way too late. Has anyone else got or had this problem and have any suggestions to help, short of playing with my old glasses or no glasses?

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:09 PM

What I do is get a pair of reading glasses the same strength as my bifocals and wear them when I play. Just a thought.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 1:18 PM

If I'm having a bad meter day.I right click the middle of meter and hit zoom in

• bradalan
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:04 PM

How can you tell how hard you hit it?

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 2:33 PM

bradalan:

How can you tell how hard you hit it?

When you zoom in like that you just have to move the mouse as far a you normally do on a drive and hope it is 100% or close to it.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 3:50 PM

borntobesting:

First off this is not a my meter stutters post. No mine is smooth 99% of the time. My problem is that after 15 or 20 years wearing lined bifocals I just switched to no line and I can not for the life of me hit the ding anymore. I either click way too early or way too late. Has anyone else got or had this problem and have any suggestions to help, short of playing with my old glasses or no glasses?

Not sure how to fix your problem, maybe tilting your head down a little so your not looking at the screen directly. I have trouble clicking the 'ding' most of the time, so I gave up and now clicking just before or after and correcting the direction, with the wind conditions. This has worked pretty good for me.

Cheers

Roger

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2011 5:47 PM

I had a pair of glasses made just for the computer, only good for 3 feet. My neck got tired from having to tilt back to see thru the bi-focals.

RSS