Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Master Query

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:02 AM (6 replies)
  • Barry11
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:30 PM

I recently achieved Tour Master status after reaching an average score of 63. The next time I log on to WGT I find my average score is now 66, can anybody explain why please ?

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2011 2:56 PM

Hi Barry....

Once you get to the next to the next tier your averages start over.....

meaning almost everyone averages go up since your average for that tier starts all over again. You will sooner or later get it back down.

• Barry11
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 2:28 AM

Many thanks for the information and very quick response TNP56 . . . I thought for a minute the beggars had robbed me LOL !

Thank you !

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 2:52 AM

Barry11:

I recently achieved Tour Master status after reaching an average score of 63. The next time I log on to WGT I find my average score is now 66, can anybody explain why please ?

Congratulations on you promotion.I think the first round you play in the new tier becomes your Ave. 

Your Ave will now float up and down until you reach xx amount of games and then stop and only go down after that when you shoot under your Ave.

When I moved to Legend, my ave went up to 74, cause I struggled off the blacks in the  first game, but now it's all downhill.

Cheers

Roger

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:17 AM

mantis0014:

Barry11:

will now float up and down until you reach xx amount of games

Gentlemen,

I counted sixty ranked rounds as Tour Master before the average levelled out.

(ie..it didn't go up after a poor round,only down after a good one)

Average will fluctuate during this early (60 game) period,depending on your scores.

• Barry11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2011 9:57 AM

Thanks Roger  for your reply which has helped a lot.

I have noticed that yesterday I played a 9 hole stroke game getting 5 under par, my average went from 66 to roughly 65.47 yet after the very next game (Country Club Tourny) my score was 36 par for the 9 holes, my score went up to 66.57  So your information was correct and has helped a lot !

I don't envy you the Legend tee's at all, I wish you luck my friend.

Barry,

• Barry11
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:02 AM

nanstar:

mantis0014:

Barry11:

will now float up and down until you reach xx amount of games

Gentlemen,

I counted sixty ranked rounds as Tour Master before the average levelled out.

(ie..it didn't go up after a poor round,only down after a good one)

Average will fluctuate during this early (60 game) period,depending on your scores.

NANSTAR thank you for comment and information, it has helped me to understand the changes in scoring !

Barry.

RSS