Help › Forums

Some things just never change huh?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:25 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:01 AM

I left this game back in February because of game freezes on 9/9  or 18/18, quitters, unrealistic performance for what is supposed to be a golf sim (yeah great graphics, but that's it) clubs play like crap, same shots...totally diff outcomes with same scenario's, I won't even mention the meter that stutters worse than Mel Tillis ever thought of etc. I come back this past week and see the only things that have changed are a few more clubs (to buy), this stupid putting thing that you have to PAY to see number %'s that EVERY golf game ever made has on them, even Donald Duck Golf does  geeeez. How about investing some of the moneys' that is spent here on fixing some of these basic functions?!?!? Few more days of this crap and it'll be another 6 months before I play, spend $$ or tell friends of this (Russian Roulette Golf site).

Vent over......for now   :]

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:19 AM

No game problems for weeks here.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:52 AM

I think WGT is actually succeeding a little with the meter. I'm sure this will cause a series of boos and hisses but I have noticed a difference in meter performance in the last few months or so. It seems like meter stuttering and jerking has smoothed out but has been replaced by slightly different meter speeds that change very subtly. My thinking is this is the auto-click defense.

I have also noticed that you can now tell when you made the last putt of your round before the roll is shown. There's a slight lag between your swing and the resulting graphic. My thinking is that the final (all?) game info is being sent to WGT then. The putt always drops after this delay. When I first noticed this I thought that they had changed the way info was sent during a game in an effort to lessen transmission game delays. FWIW, the disastrous meter stall hasn't happen to me in a long time but I do see the rocket propelled meter sometimes.

• TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:26 AM

I noticed the same thing on the last putt of a round, and thought it was just my imagination, but I guess not.  I suppose it takes the suspense out of whether you made the putt or not.  I do agree the meter has been much more consistent lately, but has a tendency to speed up near the end of a swing.

YankeeJim:

I think WGT is actually succeeding a little with the meter. I'm sure this will cause a series of boos and hisses but I have noticed a difference in meter performance in the last few months or so. It seems like meter stuttering and jerking has smoothed out but has been replaced by slightly different meter speeds that change very subtly. My thinking is this is the auto-click defense.

I have also noticed that you can now tell when you made the last putt of your round before the roll is shown. There's a slight lag between your swing and the resulting graphic. My thinking is that the final (all?) game info is being sent to WGT then. The putt always drops after this delay. When I first noticed this I thought that they had changed the way info was sent during a game in an effort to lessen transmission game delays. FWIW, the disastrous meter stall hasn't happen to me in a long time but I do see the rocket propelled meter sometimes.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:37 AM

I have noticed this as well. You take the last putt, game doesnt continue for a couple of seconds, And its gauranteed to go in when this happens.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 11:26 AM

With regard to WGT changing meter speeds to combat "auto clickers'.

There may be some truth in this, i don't know, but...

If they wanted to change the speed to combat this, why don't they incorporate a lag?

When you draw the club back and click to let it go, just have a 0.01 to 0.1 sec delay, for example.

This would defeat the auto clickers just the same, but would let the regular players play their normal game, albeit they have to watch closely when the meter starts to move back.

I am sure this would be more acceptable than a sudden jet propelled meter, or speeding up of clubs they have at present, according to the users.

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 11:39 AM

% numbers for the putting meter?  Really?  Can't you just use your judgment?  That's part of the game.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 2:51 PM

My judgement kicks ass on putting distances as I've played many a game. My point was about THEM CHARGING to actually have number %'s. So ummm, yeah....  Really!

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:38 PM

Well, if your judgment kicks ass, don't buy the % meter.

Problem solved :)

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:35 PM

Hadn't planned to buy it. Nor was that a problem. Having to PAY for it was "one" of the issues I pointed out. Never did I mention me needing it or wanting it, but hey..I sure do appreciate you looking out for me though.

• PAGES
RSS