Forums

Help › Forums

Calling Detective Joe Friday.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 22 2011 3:40 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2011 7:45 PM

Just the facts Sir. Is a 20 mph wind still 20 mph, is a 3 ft putt with 1 inch elevation still 3 feet, or is it 6 ft.  Does your 98 wedge full swing go 98 yrds, 115 yrds, or 70 yrds? This is with no wind or at the worst 9mph.  Way too difficult to figure what to do anymore. Please advise. And if you could make the putts stop .04 short instead of .02, at least then we will know we missed it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2011 9:57 PM

yes, no, sometimes, maybe...lol...been biting me too...just play through it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 5:18 AM

That's what I'm doing, playing through a lot of them. LOL

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 6:01 AM

I hear you loud and clear folks, im just playing through them all now. Im just plugging away hoping that some day the game will let me play my own game, so to speak. The body strong, but the spirit is taking one hell of a beating.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 7:38 AM

Just to prove a point. WGT said they had fixed the putting from the fringe, and i did notice it was a lot easier to putt from there since the upgrade. I was playing a round today on BPB, and my ball landed here in the replay. When it landed, the "ON THE FRINGE" sign flashed up on the screen. I went to the next shot where the caddy had my putter waiting for me. The hole is 15 ft and 1 inch uphill of this shot, on Tournament greens. I DOUBLE CHECKED my putter increment, and it was on the 30ft scale. So moved my power bar to just over 2 clicks which is roughly 12 feet. This is the result:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=87cce2d0-625c-41a6-b848-9f4700e7fe2f

In my follow up shot, the ball was clearly on the green. But it now tells me im on the fairway? Im thinking im not going to try and putt this, because i was having a decent round, and didnt want to swipe a shot that wouldnt move. Needless to say i didnt get it in, but i probably would have if i putted it. Cant believe what the game is telling me now.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 3:40 PM

Hey Two, that has happened to me twice today, no sense of us even talking about it. I guess they need to change the name of this game to Whacky Golf Tour. It'[s starting to resemble a theme park putt putt course. Only thing missing is the wind mill and cotton candy. No way to figure it out, just hit, move on and hit again. You'll get in the hole eventually and possibly even hit your ball over the creek and onto the go cart track. Be careful though, that is out of bounds, lost ball.

RSS