Forums

Help › Forums

putting green to practice putting

Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:35 AM (27 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:21 PM

Mcdees:

Putting on this game sucks. It has to be perfect or you push/pull the putt by several inches. I hate putting on this game... If its not inside 4 feet it is pretty much luck whether I make it. I have been playing this game for  a while now, and it seems the putting has just become near impossible.

It's called practice. Nothing in life is easy ... if this game came perfectly naturally to everyone, then what would be the point? You think tibbets got as good as he is in seven days? It's taken him 20 months to reach the level he has attained. So you're not the best putter, that doesn't mean it's the game's fault, it just means that you need to practice more because you (and everyone else) haven't fully mastered putting.

Mcdees:

this one sucks anymore.

Nice grammar, pal.

Mcdees:

I am trying to get in the beta for another online golf game

Okay, bye.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:24 PM

Putting is perfectly OK in this game, not too easy, not too hard. You need to play way more than just 40 ranked rounds to be able to tell. Have you played with all 5 available putters? I have, and can confirm that putting works fine with all 5 of them.  

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:33 PM
  • HMFC1874
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:27 PM

we are all from edinburgh and all hearts fans we are not the same person we just all joined at the same time ,as our golf game got canned so we needed a new 1 this looked to be best about atm. golfkingRIP.

• Bakerbill62
    30 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 1:43 PM

Snaike:

YankeeJim:
    1874hmfc      HFMC1874      hmmmmmm   That wouldn't be 2 accounts there would it?
    I hope not, YankeeJim, because we all know the rule that states:

Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts.

I can't see how anyone would want to break that rule and risk losing all of their accounts.  /shock!

Back to the topic at hand... We have been asking for a putting green / driving range since the beginning.  Search the box over there --------------------> to find out about them.

Have a nice day.

I dont know what box ----------------> over there your talking about! How about instead of using your stupid arrows pointing to no where you actual give the link for the practice putting green. Which you cant because there is none.  We know what the tips that they have given for putting, I know I try them but as stated it would be NICE to have a practice putting green. Almost ever course I have been to has one, why cant this one? And dont tell me you just need to practice for 6 years and you will get better.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 3:27 PM

Bill-The box is the search box at the top of the header. What he was saying was to search the phrase"practice putting green" in that box and you'll see a bunch of older posts on the subject. 

Since there's no practice putting green you can make your own, sort of. I like BPB2 because it's big, flat and easy to get to.  It works for putting back and forth to learn your putter and you get 7 putts (if you're on in 3). Then you quit and start over. Better than nothing.

YJ

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 12:12 PM

One drawback to practice putting during practice rounds is that the green speeds are different now (standard for practice and fast or very fast for competition). But i see that in the upcoming product updates they plan to have the feature to allow you to select your desired green speed(s) during practice rounds ... until then it may facilitate aiming but not distance control ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 7:47 PM

You can get any speed you want to practice on, just pick the right place. You don't have to post your "practice" on the weeklies.

• mrgramps
    5 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:07 PM

I was reading about a practice green,  Yes, the putting is hard,  but, i am not trying to be smart a$% about it, but i think , if you practice on , chipping and getting close to he hole, the putting would  would be better.  This is what i am working,  and i am not good at it yet.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:37 PM

Watch the PGA Pros, they have problems putting too.

RSS