Forums

Help › Forums

putting green to practice putting

Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:35 AM (27 replies)
  • HMFC1874
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 10:40 AM

just a thought would it be good if we had a putting green we could practice our putting .im new to WGT and find putting really difficult dont know about everyone else.so if u think that it would be a good idea maybe they would build us one.

"build and they will come"

• Bakerbill62
    30 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 3:57 PM

HMFC1874:

just a thought would it be good if we had a putting green we could practice our putting .im new to WGT and find putting really difficult dont know about everyone else.so if u think that it would be a good idea maybe they would build us one.

"build and they will come"

Just use the "Practice " feature  then you can practice and when you feel you can play a ranked game you can do so without feeling that "your not good enough".

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:19 AM

I agree with Bakerbill62 that a practice putting green would be a good addition to the game and as for the practice round that isnt a viable option

for a few reasons, when Phil and TW are prcticing their putts they dont go and hit two shots to the green then practice on one lag putt and a tap in or such like and then move to the next hole, they practice specific putting drills.

secondly what if it takes you 4 or 5 shots to hit the green and you want to practice say 18 footers how do you get the ball to this position and still have the opportunity to practice the putt without it timing out maximum shots on the hole

i for one think a putting green would be a welcome addition but then again thats just my opinion ;) and doesnt mean its correct

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:26 AM

joma- You have the right idea about the putting practice. What might help would be to  get to a big, flat green, BPB2 is a good one, and nail down the footages of the putter without worrying about sinking the putt. I would just putt back and forth on the green until the shots maxed out. It was really helpful in learning the larger scales on my putter and as a result I now use the 90 and 150 ft scales more than the others. They have a much truer roll and a very short backswing helps dinging it. It works for me.

The key here is to learn your putter and what you can do with it. In the practice mode you can play from the amateur tees with no wind to facilitate getting on the green quicker. Your score doesn't count and you have potentially over 140 putts in 1 18 hole practice round! GL

YJ

• Shuggy4400
    150 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:27 AM

I agree with putting green practice area as it would be a big help I think

• 1874hmfc
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:59 AM

yeh find putting realy hard think this would be good idea

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 10:18 AM

1874hmfc      HFMC1874      hmmmmmm   That wouldn't be 2 accounts there would it?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:13 PM

YankeeJim:
    1874hmfc      HFMC1874      hmmmmmm   That wouldn't be 2 accounts there would it?
    I hope not, YankeeJim, because we all know the rule that states:

Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts.

I can't see how anyone would want to break that rule and risk losing all of their accounts.  /shock!

Back to the topic at hand... We have been asking for a putting green / driving range since the beginning.  Search the box over there --------------------> to find out about them.

Have a nice day.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:59 PM

soccer club established in the year 1874

cheers

• Mcdees
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:00 PM

Putting on this game sucks. It has to be perfect or you push/pull the putt by several inches. I hate putting on this game... If its not inside 4 feet it is pretty much luck whether I make it. I have been playing this game for  a while now, and it seems the putting has just become near impossible. I am trying to get in the beta for another online golf game b/c this one sucks anymore.

RSS