Forums

Help › Forums

what is the best game to get maximum XP points?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 30 2011 2:35 AM (7 replies)
  • bobtheshank753
    12 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:02 AM

i'm trying to level up to a proper driver and apart from buying boosters it just seems to be crawling up

there's a guy on the community page that's a level 80something tour pro and all he seems to play is alt shot, is this the way for increasing the level quickly?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 1:20 PM

bobtheshank753:

i'm trying to level up to a proper driver and apart from buying boosters it just seems to be crawling up

there's a guy on the community page that's a level 80something tour pro and all he seems to play is alt shot, is this the way for increasing the level quickly?

hi

yes and no. alt shot is a fast way to level but I think quickest is by playing tournaments/ready go's.

-wgticon

• bobtheshank753
    12 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 1:44 PM

thanks icon :) had a poke around the forums and the free comps in my country club seem to offer some sort of bonus for playing those. and i think you gave the advice to play the unlimited weeklys aswell? all taken on board and have helped me to the big driver, hurrah! :-D

by the way, the player in question was infact a level 90 tour pro with a 58 avg. might be worth a look if you want to weed out some of the multi account players on here. he's a big stick, lol

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:23 PM

The other way to look at it is this.

It takes me roughly 30 minutes to play an 18 hole comp for 400 xp.

It takes me roughly 15 minutes to play an 9 hole comp for 190 xp.

So it is slightly more advantageous to play an 18 hole comp for the time and xp involved, plus if you play 2 x 9 hole comps there is also the time involved in going to the menu and clicking etc.

Don't forget to play every day for the Continuous Days Play xp bonus (even a random 3 holes played and finished counts as a day's play).

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:26 PM

Bob....the absolute best way to "level up" is to play every day and get the 880 bonus points. It doesn't matter if you just play a 3 hole stroke practice each day, a match play or a full alt. shot...If you play any format, you'll start to see your consecutive days played bonus reach 880 per day...that's how you get there faster. Once it reaches the 880 (after 5 days I think), make sure you play everyday and you'll get the 880 every day.  Your game screen menu will tell you how many days in a row you've played, and also show you how long until the next day starts (for bonus point purposes)

Cheers.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:43 PM

Ducati916:

It doesn't matter if you just play a 3 hole stroke practice each day...

Indeed. Or a 9-stroke CTTH tourney. Essential for traveling with a cute, crap laptop.

• bobtheshank753
    12 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 12:40 AM

thanks guys, just a bit more grinding then i'm at the irons i want and after that i can ease off a bit and just play in the comps i'm interested in, spending a bit too much time on here at the moment! i'm suposed to be decorating, lol

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 2:35 AM

if you have a bit of time on your hands.............

one way of levelling up slightly quicker is to max out every hole in the unlimited tournaments

"0" hit the driver will reduce the amount of time on each shot.

you'll get 580 xp points for each 18 hole tournament.

RSS