Forums

Help › Forums

Where are the NON-picky NON-wussy players?

Sat, Jun 16 2012 2:10 AM (40 replies)
  • naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:28 PM

nivlac:

There is nothing is stopping you from upgrading your own set, naughty1.  You not buying clubs is your own self-imposed limitation, thus you must sleep in the bed you've made.

Don't start crying foul because you've run into opponents who decided to support the game they love to play so much and whom refuse to play within your custom set of rules.

Where are you guys coming from. I NEVER CRIED FOUL.  I found it funny that the masters do not mind playing 78 pros with reg clubs, and they have super clubs. I found it funny that if you would suggest that they shed their super clubs, they say not fair. GEEZE, give me a break.

I have no problem with anyone buying super clubs, it is not important for me to show a 65 and spend money to do it. Some take this very serious, some are playing for money and some, like me, just want to play and stay with people who have like scores and like clubs. I do not mind playing a master, but good GOD, why do I have to give them a club advantage. Repeat, I will play them at practice, and give them the +10 avg they have on me. By the same token, I do not think these masters should be setting up with a pro at a 75-78 avg, and try and sell them that they do not have an advantage

C'mon, people purchase clubs to improve their score

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:00 PM

Snaike:
    hetruth67, please stop trying to reason with our friend Naughty1.  Please...  You'll only confuse him with logic and facts. 

I thought you were the one to be the "flame thrower police"

PLEASE CONTROL YOUR VIOLATION OF THE RULES 

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:02 PM

Snaike:
    Thetruth67, please stop trying to reason with our friend Naughty1.  Please...  You'll only confuse him with logic and facts. 

Also, you are off topic of the thread, Do not correct others, unless you can live with the rules 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:06 PM

naughty1:
    I found it funny that if you would suggest that they shed their super clubs, they say not fair.

It has little to do with distance advantage and everything to do with familiarity.  Most folks who have upgraded haven't touched their starter sets in ages, in some cases over a year.  Thus, they are no longer familiar with the tendencies, the spin rates and how the clubs react from non-fairway lies.  Not knowing how your equipment will perform puts you at a huge disadvantage.  Much more so than simply a few yards off the tee.  So yeah, it's not really fair, but not in the way you're thinking.

What if I bought you a new set of PING clubs?  Would you go straight out without playing a shot and start matching up with people?  Likely not.  You would probably practice many rounds by yourself before jumping into the fire so you could learn all the intricacies of your new equipment.

You're running into issues with this because you're asking people to assume a large disadvantage from the start.  You're not going to find too many people who are willing to do that in scored/ranked play.  That's just the nature of the beast, no pun intended.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:48 PM

nivlac:
    You're running into issues with this because you're asking people to assume a large disadvantage from the start.  You're not going to find too many people who are willing to do that in scored/ranked pla

This is not going to win any argument BUT

If people thought they could shoot the same score with regs, they would not buy supers.

Does that make sense. Why buy a cow, when the milk is free.

It is totally demoralizing to play against super clubs, see your drive go 237 and the other player go 286. With the wind on the 7th, the super club can put you on the green in 2.

On the fourth, super does not have to go over the sand. On the first, a bad first shot for regs loses the hole. for supers, you still can be on in 2. Anyhow, to each his own 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:06 PM

naughty1:
    Does that make sense.

No, you're making no sense whatsoever. And screaming in bold underlined fonts won't help. There's an innate sense in every human being of wanting to improve; and there's a sense in many of us that people should get paid for quality work. When those two senses combine, many of us decide to upgrade our equipment. We feel good about it, because it improves our play and financially supports WGT so they can continue developing this game. You have re-posted your anti-upgrade rants many times on countless threads, both in your previous 3 forum incarnations and in your current one, and there's no sense in rehashing this over and over again endlessly.  

PS: On a positive level, you've been lately properly employing the Quote button. Kudos on that!

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:25 PM

Faterson:
    You have re-posted your anti-upgrade rants many times on countless threads, both in your previous 3 forum incarnations and in your current one

what you talk about boy, I never rant 

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:25 PM

"30 more on the 3 wood or hybrid, have putts amazingly dive into the hole, we will disconnect"

If in fact, after a certain number of games, a low score doesn't count against your ratings then it seems to me your not playing against your opponent but against your ratings only. 

Since I know that's true, then your disconnect practice doesn't hold water. Think of the lost opportunities watching playing and learning from some of these players. 

And just maybe you would have played your best game ever.

"I find no pleasure in losing" 

You aren't losing a thing except a chance at improving.

Along those lines comes this;

"I find it very funny in match play. Prior to tee off I will ask "do you use reg clubs" and they reply "no". I then say "ok, put your clubs back and use your reg clubs" This is the funny part, The reply "oh, that its not fair to me

Someone saying  its not fair to me at this point sounds a bit shaky since almost everyone knows you can't switch clubs after the game starts.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:46 PM

BrianWhitt:
    What happened to people that played their game to the end?

Just looked at your profile. Don't care about the sticks you play. I was only looking to see if you were a CC member. You are not. 

Find a Country Club that fits you. I was lucky to find one that is a wonderful fit. The A/S and match play with folk you know is truly magical. The tips you can get from the great players is incredible. 

--------------------

My last encounter with randoms was two games that didn't last the end of the first hole after I dropped my approach on both to within 3 feet.

The better you are, the quicker the quit. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:00 PM

Brian hasn't played in over a year and quite frankly, some of Brian's friends haven't played in over two years. It could be a testament that some people just won't put-up with quitters in this game. And quit?

RSS