Forums

Help › Forums

Challenge your friends

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 2 2011 1:48 PM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 5:50 PM

Quite amusing, I have tried 4 times now. Courses I routinely shoot under par and have accepted the challenge when they have posted a par or over. The game is no where near it's normal self. Par 5 second shot, 248 to green, wind 12 mph at 4 o'clock, hit ding goes 297 over green into the weeds with a 3 wd.. A 4 ft putt 1 inch down, hit 2 ft goes 9. Every other drive in the rough. Don't know about the rest of you, but the friends challenge matches are totally jacked up. Played a course twice before going to the challenge, shot 3 under both times, went to my e-mail for the challenge and was 3 over on the 4th hole. Seems to be a whole different can of worms when you go on one of these. Anybody else noticed this, let me know.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2011 9:44 PM

Honestly, if you haven't yet figured out SA (as attested by a 297 yard shot) you need to rethink what you are doing, as a wood to that green (irons too), unless into a nice wind, WILL NOT HOLD.

So lay up to a good wedge shot, take your birdie and run.

Or complain about how a 225 yard club goes 290 yards...lol...we all know its because you hit the green and it ran all the way across.

If the same thing keeps occurring, ya think it's time to change your approach?

Honestly, just play for what happens on WGT and not what you THINK should happen or want to happen.

Enjoy.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 2:26 AM

Hey Squirrel my friend always good to know you find these little nuances quite amusing! I will try and choose my words carefully esp after Mr B's reply he being of sicilian descent i dont wanna end up sleeping with the fishys!

I assume you are referring to hole 5 St A's.A good friend of ours, told me when the hole is located at the front ,use the punch shot take off approx 10% the distance,this % varies with the conditions,land the ball before the dip let it run onto the green and fingers crossed! Have netted some good birds and eagles using this technique.

These putts on the other hand are just WGT's perverse way of squeezing our balls!In 30-90 days HQ are going to introduce more after game challenges so they obv been listening to the peeps on here,applauding and pestering them for more after game challenges woohoo!

I also find that its no good me practising before i enter a tourney.(Used to play 3 or 4 practise rounds),cos when i do the Lost ball and freakish bounce Gremlins cant wait to come and join my game.i practise shoot consistent numbers then cannot get any where near those consistent scores.So I have to say well done WGT,1 practise round at the most for me you are saving me plenty $. Thank you

In essence yes i have noticed this.Solution dont accept the challenge,block em,and if you do dont practise 1st.At least i know who to challenge after i shoot a bad round,mind ya a bad round for me prob still be a good round for you TreeRat!

Hit me up for a game Squirrel but dont invite Mr B i dont wanna wake up with our Nellies severed head beside me,Mind ya costs me a fortune that old Nag with the Vets and stabling fees etc;So Invite him maybe he could show us how to get on hopefully in a more civilised manner!

Respect and Regards Bob.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 6:02 AM

3 wd mentioned rated at 240. Hit several yards before green. Have eagled this hole twice before so I have some idea of what to do here. Was just saying this one was quite a different result than what I usually have here, I always try to lay up and go for bird. Seemed like it hit a cart path and we all know there isn't one there.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 8:31 AM

renniw52:
    3 wd mentioned rated at 240. Hit several yards before green. Have eagled this hole twice before

Renniw, let me ask you this...and be honest here...2 eagles...how many looooong 3 putt pars and how many birdies when trying make the green in two?

What I'm getting at, is risk vs reward.

And Rob, I still may have to have you whacked...not so much for for anything in this thread, but for knocking me out of that MP Tourney awhile back;)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 4:26 PM

Several long putts when I got too brave here, but a lot of birdies on this hole. I still swear (honestly) that this particular one was very unusual.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2011 9:12 AM

MBaggese:
    And Rob, I still may have to have you whacked...not so much for for anything in this thread, but for knocking me out of that MP Tourney awhile back;)

Humble apologies Mr B,please dont whack me i got 3 kids and five hounds to keep,plus there is the pleasure of WGT and the in-built nuances I just gotta try and Master before i meet my maker.Then there's the potential re-match i offer  to you.This is a cordial invite to the other Legends whose scalps i hold as trophys on my wall,you know who you are!Do i need to name names here?Hit me up guys i'm here waiting for ya!

My biggest apology is for the fact i did not remember your name.i only tend to remember the close games,the ones where i play right not left handed and whatnot!

At this stage of course, i sure hope you have a sense of humour Mr B.

Raise ya All in Bob.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 1:25 PM

Ok now I am totally convinced, had just played SA back 9 at 5 under, 20 mins later get a challenge to beat a 34. Accept the challenge, game is totally whacked out. Hit all but 1 fairway and 1 green in reg. Putting was hysterical. Had 4 birdie putts stop .02 .03 short. Game locked up twice, rebooted hit resume game, played it out and didn't even get the 50 bonus points. LMAO. Shot even par.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2011 1:48 PM

robdelahunty:
    At this stage of course, i sure hope you have a sense of humour Mr B

Ofcourse I do Rob!

RSS