Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay-Trophy September 2011

Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:07 PM (112 replies)
  • dsheavills
    965 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 10:43 AM

SGTDoodles and myself played our second semi final match at RSG back 9.

Tom's putter was cold and he also had a cold.

I went 2 UP after 2, then gave him a hole with a missed 4 ft putt on 3.Then gave him another with a awful pitch on 14.

Tom then had a mare with the putter and I won the next 3 to win 3UP.

Final at Bethpage over 18 when Tom feels better. GL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 7:11 PM

Round 2 match between Matt and myself, we both putted poorly tonight but hit the ball well just didn't get many putts to drop, highlight was a crazy ace for me on #6 that landed on fringe with b/s and bounced on green and in the hole.......well played Matt we should knock it around again.

• spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 4:55 PM

Yes well played Wes. Highlight was definitely the Hole in one on 6. Before then, neither of us had even recorded a birdie.

-Spin

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:04 PM

Just finished match with Demetrio, and it was a great match .....probably the most back and forth close match I have been in and looked like it was headed for extra holes, but Demetrio missed a 4 .2 footer for par on 18 to end match , probably due to the late hour. Thnx for staying up and getting the match in and we should play again soon!!

• demcug
    1,456 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2011 6:12 PM

ty wes for a great match.....i wrong last put...incredible..but i missed ding........but you have a gs..from bunker..at 18.....when i think....at semifinal............

congratulions and gl for restant tournament

and see u soon ......for friendly match....or alternate....

demetrio

• dsheavills
    965 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 10:16 AM

Just finished 3rd game in our semi final with Tom (SgtDoodles) at Bethpage 18 holes.

Was a very good game with lots of fun. I stormed into a early 3 UP lead after 4.

Stayed that way till 7, when Tom caught fire and made his comeback, getting it back to 1UP by 8.

Then some good golf both sides, exchanging holes, until Tom got it back to A/S by 14 with a very nice bird on 13.

I answered with a birdie on 14 to sneak ahead again 1UP, and pulled off a nice 2nd on the difficult 15 to 1 foot for another birdie and 2UP.

Tom then made a great birdie on 17 to bring the game back to 1 UP and take us down 18. 

Both found the green, and Tom came up short with his birdie try, handing me a 1UP hard fought win.

Thanks for the game Tom, you are on your way to Legend status for sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

cheers

Darren

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 2:16 AM

Updated bracket. Only match missing is again mine, but I will explain :-)

MrDonVito had serveral problems with different times due to work as have I due to not going to bed at 3am everyday... we made a time for last weekend, but he couldnt play. Instead of kicking him out of the competition, I am absolutely willing to give him more chances, because I dont want to win like this. Especially as our next opponent is on vacation (MaxCjejka) and wont come back until the end of the first week of october. So I will keep you all posted about this...

overtheedge
    overtheedge
    DAZZA501
    kam4122
    kam4122
    kam4122
    sunshinewilly
    SgtDoodles
    SgtDoodles
    SgtDoodles
    jeffdos924
    SgtDoodles
    frealzu
    Bombarie
    Bombarie
    1:2 dsheavills
    RyanKCantrell
    dsheavills
    dsheavills
    dsheavills
    FlyinDoc
    Bidi
    Bidi
    dsheavills
    TallAcePaul
    TallAcePaul
    Minkywinkster
    jaycen129
    JCOlson
    jaycen129
    jaycen129

stuffix
    stevenharkin
    stevenharkin
    MaxCjejka
    MaxCjejka
    MaxCjejka
    lvietri

gotstewart
    MrDonVito
    MrDonVito

Hanswurst72
    Hanswurst72
    JerryK74

FreshAirNFun
    iremanu
    iremanu
    demcug
    SPINO1
    demcug
    demcug
    Wesdogg75
    gaoerfuqiu
    Wesdogg75
    Wesdogg75
    Wesdogg75
    spinmaster
    spinmaster
    robdelahunty
  • MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:46 AM

just got spanked by hans... best playing ive ever seen!

• MaxCjejka
    46 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:31 AM

I am realising that I am holding up this tourney for to long. I went to an internet cafe yesterday in the hope that hans is online and ready to play but it was not to be. I will only be back on the ninth so it will still take a while. When I am back I will be able to play every day. If you guys dont want to wait so long which I can understand I will wd.

Regards

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 2:02 PM

I think nobody is bothered by that. This is a fun tournament and will always be, its for the pleasure of playing and having a good time. Every match that can be played without extreme effort to arrange will be played and the time dead lines arent that fix. Thats the difference to many other tournaments and it worked well every prior time. I think it will do this time too, be ready to compete again everybody at 9th of october =)

Cheers, your Hans

RSS