Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay-Trophy September 2011

Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:07 PM (112 replies)
  • stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:24 AM

just finished a very tough opening match against stuffix..

was good quality match and i managed to scrape through 1up

• stuffix
    762 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:37 AM

Thanks for the game, mate. I just couldn't match the last birdie, and that missed 6 footer on 14 probably didn't help either. Congrats.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 4:16 AM

Daz and I Just finiahed up our match. Great time we had. I took a very early lead with a hot putter but as fast as I got hot is a s fast as I got cold. Daz managed to pull within 1 but was left with some wicked downhills that just wouldn't drop. Edge wins 4 UP. Thanks for the game Daz..very exciting.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 7:16 AM

Going back to mine and Jeff's match... Cabo would be the best course on here if it was not TruCrap. Jeff was playing great in the extras, just lucky he pulled his approach on the 4th left. Considering Jeff's inexperience on that course, I got damn lucky I nailed the one shot extra.

Good luck on the car park tees Jeff...

• spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:02 AM

Edged out robdelahunty 2 and 1 with a birdie at 17 on Kiawah. Can't seem to copy the scorecard, but it was a great match and Bob is nice company.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:08 AM

Just to make that clear: I didnt accept people saying "sign me up for the next one" so far... because they might be out of house or have lots of work when the next edition starts. If u are aware, that its a real registration for the next tournament and u have to pay one pack of balls to your first round opponent if u cant play during the first 1 1/2 weeks, then u may enter early from now on with the words: "registration for october matchplay trophy". Will add u to the list then.

Updated bracket:

overtheedge
    overtheedge
    DAZZA501

kam4122
    kam4122
    sunshinewilly

SgtDoodles
    SgtDoodles
    jeffdos924

frealzu

Bombarie

RyanKCantrell
    dsheavills
    dsheavills

FlyinDoc
    Bidi
    Bidi

TallAcePaul
    TallAcePaul
    Minkywinkster
    jaycen129
    JCOlson
    jaycen129
    jaycen129

stuffix
    stevenharkin
    stevenharkin

MaxCjejka

lvietri

gotstewart
    MrDonVito
    MrDonVito

Hanswurst72

JerryK74

FreshAirNFun

iremanu

SPINO1
    demcug
    demcug

gaoerfuqiu

Wesdogg75

spinmaster
    spinmaster
    robdelahunty

• Bombarie
    114 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 11:03 AM

Bombarie - frealzu...

In my first real matchplay tournament I played frealzu from Italy. In awe I watched his great driving and putting and looked at a two hole gap in just a couple of minutes. Enjoy the game, I said to myself, and learn. Not making real mistakes I managed a couple of halves and even grabbed a hole back. And later another one. I started to sweat considerably, but then this really nice Italian guy got metered and I took the last hole. In my unbelief I totally forgot to make screenshots. Sorry frealzu, I enjoyed to see you play. Not sorry I won though ;)

• dsheavills
    965 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 1:35 PM

Just finished 2nd round match with bidi, and it was a hollow victory for me.

We both started slowly with 3 pars, then bidi got hot with a run of birdies. I managed to hang on to him 1 down for most of the match, then on 18 he unfortunately pulled his drive into the rough. That's impossible at congressional and he ended up just missing his par putt for the match by a whisker.

So we went to extra holes and that dreaded meter cost him the game.  Sorry bidi for that horrible WGT gremlin. Never feels good to win a game like that. They say it evens itself out over the matches but I'm not sure. 

Anyway you are a true gent of this game and great to play with.

Thanks bud

cheers

Darren

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 1:39 PM

thankyou very much Darren, as i said before : is  part of the game!...i enjoyed the match and see you soon!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 9:51 AM

Max and I played a very sloppy game .. but he prevailed .. he's less sloppy than I am .. :)

Anyway nice game Max .. always nice to meet another good player and a nice person on WGT.

RSS