Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay-Trophy September 2011

Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:07 PM (112 replies)
  • sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2011 7:26 AM

kam4122:

Very enjoyable match round RSG with Sunshinewilly. Some good quality stuff, and very good company.

I managed to withstand a late charge to hold on for the win.

Thanks for the game Willy.

Cheers

Monty

It was a very enjoyable match with you too Kam.  Unfortunately i didn't turn it on until too late and you played great.  Thanks for the match!

Willy

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2011 8:56 AM

Hanswurst72:

Intersting things going on early... Bidi u choose course. That already happened twice, I just decide in that case.

JC!! U lost 4 down? In the first round? In that case I got to think about letting u pay the bounty.... =)

Cheers all and good luck, Hans

I got embarrassed. I laid an egg and Jaycen played solidly.  And the bounty rules are yours Hans, not mine!! lol

However, I would be happy to play you and/or Jaycen again for any stakes to make up for my embarrassing performance =)

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2011 1:03 PM

You and I JC are sailing in the same lonely ship and lost at sea mate.  Hopefully scurvy doesn't set in before we can redeem ourselves.

• jaycen129
    193 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2011 6:48 PM

Played my round 2 match with TallAcePaul. We both werent quite playing at our best but made the match very interesting. Very close throughout the whole game and managed to go 1 up on 17 after he missed his putt and I made a 7 footer for bird. Got to 18 where I stuck my approach about 6 feet from the hole and he had about a 12 footer for bird. He just missed his putt where he then conceded mine for me to take it 2 up. Great match and Paul is a great player. Hope to be able to tee it up with him again soon.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 1:06 AM

Updated bracket! Congrats to jaycen for being our first 3rd round qualifier =)

overtheedge

DAZZA501

kam4122
    kam4122
    sunshinewilly

SgtDoodles

jeffdos924

frealzu

Bombarie

RyanKCantrell
    dsheavills
    dsheavills

FlyinDoc

Bidi

TallAcePaul
    TallAcePaul
    Minkywinkster
    jaycen129
    JCOlson
    jaycen129
    jaycen129

stuffix

stevenharkin

MaxCjejka

lvietri

gotstewart

MrDonVito

Hanswurst72

JerryK74

FreshAirNFun

iremanu

SPINO1
    demcug
    demcug

gaoerfuqiu

Wesdogg75

spinmaster

robdelahunty

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 1:13 AM

Yes very good match jaycen. The difference was the putting in the end I missed about 6 putts from 5-15 ft, just weren't dropping today. Jaycen was very solid all round, well played and good luck in the next round.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 11:01 AM

First round match in the books.

SgtDoodles defeats jeffdos924  1UP on thr 4th extra hole. That was one FUN match. 

Sarge chose Cabo  and we took the front 9, since I had no clue... I'd not played a single hole there, so it didn't make much difference to me.

Almost before I could blink, I found myself 2DN, then I finally started to battle a little, halving the next 4 holes. I got one back on #7 , had a chance to goe to AS on #8, but got a seriously rude nivlip from 16 feet.  On the 9th, the pressure was ON- 2 so-so approaches, but only one of us needing the birdie( me).  Sarge putts first and  just missed, and I could finally take a breath when my 12 footer went in. AS, and on to extra holes. Same pattern on the first 3 extras ... him sticking one close, me leaving those damned 8-10 footers, but I knocked all 3 of them in. Next up, the par 5 4th into a 10mph wind.  I got my 2nd shot on the green but pulled way left, leaving a 48-footer ... Sarge nailed a beauty .. 6 feet. I made a good run at eagle, but missed ... he didn't !

Very good win, my friend ...i'm not sure that I could have played those last 7 or 8 holes much better.. and that just wasn't good enough today. GL in the next rounds!

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 1:34 PM

first match for me and FlyinDoc.... Doc played very well and were 1 up after a gr8 second shot on the 11th and a nearly tap in for eagle...not lucky at the 12th with a lost ball..than i birdied the 13th for 1 up, but Doc on the 14th birdied from 1 ft to back AS....birdie for me on the 15th and the put of Doc lipped the hole.... at the 17th  i was with the approach at 5 ft from the flag an Doc missed for nothing the birdie from 8 ft... really enjoyed the match, thankyou Alex.

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 8:25 PM

Just finished my match with Jason (gotstewart). My first time meeting him. Really nice guy and good player. He just couldn't get his putter going and I was firing on all cylinders. Ended up winning 3 UP.

Not sure if we have to post a scorecard, but I took one anyways since everyone else has been posting them.

• gotstewart
    201 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 8:33 PM

Mike, I did enjoy meeting you and you played a good game.  I lipped out a couple of putts and burned a couple of edges.  Mike only made 2 mistakes and I couldn't capitalize on either.  It was a good game and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hans thanks for letting me play and sign me up for the next one!

Jason

RSS