Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay-Trophy September 2011

Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:07 PM (112 replies)
  • Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:28 PM

first round match between Gao and I, we had a enjoyable knock about the course, Gao plays well with starter balls and raptures but Bethpage is a tough place to play with that gear so I came out on top this time.....thnx for the game Gao

• demcug
    1,456 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:31 AM

Here's my match against iremanu. At the first hole, great birdie for him  from 16 feet with steep slopes. Birdie at 11 for both. then a series of 3 birdies for me 2 take meup, and he very unlucky to 12 (grazed) and 13 (O.2 ft from 24 ft) to 15..... makes the single biggest mistake (twice) since it ends in a rough and not very good chip,resulting in putts wrong. To double-par 16 and finish the game.
    In conclusion, great player but very unlucky in this round.
    It 'been a pleasure playing with you.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:57 AM

I have never seen a tournament run as smooth and as quick as this MPT. Hats off to you Hans.

• iremanu
    171 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 2:02 PM

Thanks for a good time Demcug, hate Oakmont,never play in, but I will not apologize, much of yours,but with a little bad luck of mine, lol, good luck for therest of the tournament, until then, thanks Hans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 7:04 AM

Bracket after round 1:

overtheedge
    overtheedge
    DAZZA501
    kam4122
    kam4122
    kam4122
    sunshinewilly

SgtDoodles
    SgtDoodles
    jeffdos924
    SgtDoodles
    frealzu
    Bombarie
    Bombarie

RyanKCantrell
    dsheavills
    dsheavills
    dsheavills
    FlyinDoc
    Bidi
    Bidi

TallAcePaul
    TallAcePaul
    Minkywinkster
    jaycen129
    JCOlson
    jaycen129
    jaycen129

stuffix
    stevenharkin
    stevenharkin

MaxCjejka
    MaxCjejka
    lvietri

gotstewart
    MrDonVito
    MrDonVito

Hanswurst72
    Hanswurst72
    JerryK74

FreshAirNFun
    iremanu
    iremanu
    demcug
    SPINO1
    demcug
    demcug

gaoerfuqiu
    Wesdogg75
    Wesdogg75

spinmaster
    spinmaster
    robdelahunty

All matches played, except mine...lol. JerrK didnt answer anymore at the final weekend so according to the rules, I walk on to the next round. In case he got time today or tomorrow, I will still play him though, maybe something more important happened to him at the weekend. Round 2 should be played until this weeks sunday, 25th of September. Good Luck all

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:16 AM

got beat by max 2 up at cabo...he played steady enough whilst i could't get going

wee played bud and good luck as you progress

cheers

stevey

• MaxCjejka
    46 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:16 AM

Just had my second round match with steven.... we played coba front 9 and I managed to sneak out a 2up victory!

Both of us played a very poor match.... I guess I just had more luck on the day and with steven not being very familiar with the course I made a good choice :)

Very good game steven! You are a true gent and a very kind and fair guy.... Hope this wasnt our last encounter.

Max

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:20 AM

SgtDoodles defeats KAM4122 2&1 on Cabo del Sol back 9. Match commentary:

10: Monty takes the first with a birdie. KAM4122 1UP

11: Hole halved with simple birdies. KAM4122 1UP

12: Monty's 2nd comes up short, then gets metered in the pitch, whilst I reach the green in 2. With a 12ft par putt, Monty concedes the hole. A/S

13: I put my approach to 5ft, whilst Monty puts his to 21ft. Monty misses by a whisker while I ding a straight putt for birdie. SgtDoodles 1UP

14: I hole a testing 10ft'er whilst Monty holes a short birdie putt. SgtDoodles 1UP

15: I 2putt from 60ft whilst Monty 2putts from 20ft, halved with birdies. SgtDoodles 1UP

16: I hole a 7ft'er for birdie whilst Monty holes a 15ft'er for birdie. SgtDoodles 1UP

17: I put my approach to 5ft whilst Monty puts his approach to 21ft. He 2putts, whilst I hole the birdie putt for the match. SgtDoodles wins 2&1 and wins the 225 credits challenge wager.

Great game mate, if I wasn't on top form you would've crushed me. Best of luck captaining the Ryder Cup team!

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:38 AM

I can confirm the score with SgtDoodles.

Never nice getting metered so badly it leaves the ball where it is, and never nice losing the hole because of it, on an 18 hole match can maybe absorb the loss if it happens early enough, but rarely on a 9 holer. In this case it certainly swung the momentum as from that point on I played poorly, as much because I was watching the meter for spikes as anything else.

Take nothing away from Tom, he played well, made the most of his forward tee advantage, gave no quarter when I was metered, hit some super iron shots in close to apply the pressure and celebrated like he had won the lottery at the end lol.

Good luck in the next round.

Thanks for running a super tournament Hans, its been good fun, and look forward to the next edition.

Cheers

Monty

• jaycen129
    193 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 12:37 PM

Played my match with dsheavills and what a match it was. I started off playing pretty well the first 6 then Darren staged his comeback after being for up after 6 then only 2 up at the turn. Got to back of CCC where Darren managed to make it A/S when I was WGT'd with a putt that went in and out on 15. Got to 18 where we both drove the fairway and Darren knocked a very nice shot about 8 feet from the hole. I managed to find the pond that my balls seem to be a magnet for where Darren ended up winning 1 up. Great match and Darren is a great guy as well as a player. Well deserved bud. Good luck the rest of the tourney mate.

Cheers,

Jaycen

RSS