Sat, Sep 3 2011 10:45 PM

How do you pull the flagstick?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 1:30 AM

MGordo:

How do you pull the flagstick?

hi

in the game, there is a button on top right of the screen. press it and flag will be pulled.

-wgticon

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 1:34 AM

why do you pull the flag? under what circs? haven't seen a benefit yet, except once i hit it on the full from 160 yards and it bounced way off the green

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 1:48 AM

flaccus:

why do you pull the flag? under what circs? haven't seen a benefit yet, except once i hit it on the full from 160 yards and it bounced way off the green

It helps when you are chipping or flopping around from the green, it does make a big difference as to how many will go in or bounce of the flag.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 4:07 AM

pb1711:
    or bounce of the flag

really? All mine that bounce off the flag seem to be going far too quick - right speed and they go in with the flag in -  how can you tell that a bounce-off would have gone in? 

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:36 AM

flaccus:

pb1711:
    or bounce of the flag

really? All mine that bounce off the flag seem to be going far too quick - right speed and they go in with the flag in -  how can you tell that a bounce-off would have gone in? 

I suppose a person will never know, but I do manage to chip quite a few in from the fringe and light rough with the flag out. So it seems to work for me, whether they would have gone in even with the flag? well I guess I'll never know. Mind you since I started taking the flag out I do get a lot less "hit the flagsticks". 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:44 AM

You will have a better chance of holing shots if you pull the flag every time you are shooting at the green.

Happy hitting

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:44 AM

pb1711:
    I do get a lot less "hit the flagsticks". 

LOL yep, there's that stat to worry about - it's a tough life

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 10:15 AM

Soulcatcher:
    You will have a better chance of holing shots if you pull the flag every time you are shooting at the green.

My philosophy is the same as Soul's, but admittedly you will never really know what an actual shot would have done if the pin had not been pulled or vice versa.

Replays are misleading because as far as I can tell, when you watch a replay the pin is always replaced in the hole.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2011 10:20 AM

Worth pulling for short chips and flops etc, as has already been stated.

From a long way out a hit flag is more often a blessing as it usually takes some speed off an overhit shot, but not always.

RSS