Help › Forums

Pre-shot routine

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:55 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 6:45 PM

This might get more in depth than you want but Im bored. Oh well.

Drives- Quick glance at mini map and wind. Move blue marker for desired shot and swing.

Par 5 second shots same as drives. Might adjust for spin if I think I can reach the green.

Par 4 second shots- Look at wind and move blue marker from zoomed in camera. Go back to normal camera. Do the math for wind and hills weather up or down. Select club and adjust back or top spin. Swing.

Putting- Switch to reverse angle if applicable. Move blue marker for break. Switch back to normal view. Do math. Check meter distance and putt. I have gotten in a habit of ALWAYS checking the meter distance. A lot of times it give me double of what I really need and if it did I scale it down. If I know my ball landed on the fringe its almost a sure thing that it will be on 90 feet with my Rossa. It only took a couple of times putting the ball into the next zipcode before I told myself to always look at that meter distance.

MissouriDan

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:55 PM

YankeeJim:

It gets deeper if you're so inclined. This is about what your eyes do.  ;-)

http://wgt.com/forums/p/11333/73818.aspx#73818

I couldn't agree more. After making the mind up about distance, wind and shot type, just go with confidence but, as in real golf, never let your eyes see anything but contact.

• PAGES
RSS