Forums

Help › Forums

Distances

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:01 PM (5 replies)
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:40 AM

Just a quick question, when the distance for a certain club is 175 for eg, is that measured with the standard no-name balls? If so I assume you can add a few yrds if you are using the calloway Z's, am I correct in my thinking?

Thanks 

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:10 AM

Not sure about your irons with g10s and callaways 175 club to level green  hits about 170 with full backspin and 183-184 with no spin

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:42 AM

That should be the case, but if your me, then it takes away distance. Sorry, but thats how i feel about this game at the moment. As a tip, if you give the ball full backspin, it will take a bit of distance off your shot. If the wind is against you, then it will take a lot more distance off your shot. 

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 4:25 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

That should be the case, but if your me, then it takes away distance. Sorry, but thats how i feel about this game at the moment. As a tip, if you give the ball full backspin, it will take a bit of distance off your shot. If the wind is against you, then it will take a lot more distance off your shot. 

I understand the bs and wind, I'm asking in the case of a shot played with no spin and "no wind"....the reason I'm asking is cause I have found that a couple of yrds makes the difference sometimes between selecting clubs, so if I know that the ball will travel a few more yrds than stated, I won't need to club up.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:13 AM

hi

yes it is rated like that with default balls at 0ft elevation and no spin. please keep in mind that it's the full club rating of both carry and run and not just carry. also different spin, wind, elevation + other features will effect the distance.

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:01 PM

pb1711:
    I assume you can add a few yrds if you are using the calloway Z's, am I correct in my thinking?

yes..  but the distance on (z)'s varies according to your lie. anything from 5% extra to 15%

Thats why I steer away from 'D' balls and stick with 'S' balls

RSS