Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:38 PM (3 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:40 AM

Unlike most people on these Forums i'm not going to blame WGT for my total lack of putting skill all i have to say at this moment is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry about that i had to let of a bit of steam, putting is the only part of this game i Struggle with that and Driving oh and my Greens in Reg...lol.  But putting makes my head hurt. Thing is i don't know why,  i get the break wrong so often i could Cry.

I feel better now.

lucky 

• Leftysway
    152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:32 AM

hi Lucky,

i'm going to tell you how i putt and i consider myself a better than avg putter on here.  i ALWAYS aim my putts from the reverse angle.  i start with the first box at the hole and try to guess how much that box is breaking, i will then move my curser over to that estimated spot, then i go to the 2nd box and do the same, and so on until i've worked my way all the way back to where my avatar is standing.

it sounds time consuming and it will be at first but this is the best method for me.  once you get an idea how much a putt is breaking by how fast the dots are moving in each box you will notice that the downhill putts will break more and the uphill putts don't break quite as much.  also, if you happen to miss the ding, you are better off missing the ding against the break instead of with it, i seem to hole more putts that way if i do miss the ding.  

i'd start working on 4 to 6 foot putts until you have an idea of the break in relation to the speed of the dots.  also speed is very important and i try to hit my putts where if they miss they will end up about 1 to 2 ft past the hole.  i'm confident that if you work on these things you will start putting better very soon.  let me know what you think after a week or so.

Lefty

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 1:43 PM

Lefty, thanks for your reply, at this point i'll try Voodoo ( No Disrespect to any player from the West Indies ), But i'll give it Go, and i'll let you know.

Lucky

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:38 PM

Amen:

That's pretty much what I'm going through in this game. I go through the same routine that was suggested on every putt. It's a nightmare,,but that's what makes it the challenge.

I find that if I can get a decent line, then the speed is wrong. Kinda reminds me of the way it is on the real course lol.

I wish WGT could add a practice facility lol. Maybe a putting and driving range/practice range. I think it would get used big time.

RSS